OT: EU and Canada

You've not been paying attention. Dave thinks countries won't sell to us without a trade deal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you actually think an MP has the same sort of power as the PM, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

YOu can sack an MP, can you? Or do you mean simply not elect him next time round?

Given there isn't the same party system in the EU, why would you want an official opposition? There is no governing party to oppose.

But in any case the organization of the EU isn't new. And was accepted by the UK government. I'm not claiming it's perfect - but then neither is any country's system either. Certainly not the UK one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's like a war to harry. He wants England to 'win'. Even if it goes bankrupt in the process.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted

Various different people are saying various different things. Which of those statements correspond to the facts is not yet established.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

So what is going to happen once Art. 50 is triggered and in the two years from that moment until we, de jure, have left? The period during which, according to Art. 50, all this negotiation is supposed to take place? Thumb twiddling?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just as true of what to do when the eurozone implodes with Britain still in the EU.

Reply to
Plowcunt fucker

My guess? A lot of hot air and posturing and announcements and in the end no agreement.

The EU will; play for time and demand we pay all our dues whilst having no input into anything.

At some point maybe May will have enough balls to simply repeal the 1973 act and unilaterally leave.

The EU will not let us go willingly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are you saying we export iProducts ?

where do you live, which cloud ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

and why would we agree to that?

What is it the Remoaners don't understand about the concept that the UK has some things to offer in the negotiation that the EU wants?

And if they are going to get those things, it has to offer us some the things from our want list. We aren't simply going to roll over and say "please tickle our tummy"!

They only get one go at this,

once the two years negotiation is up, what's on the table is a take it or leave it deal. If they make the deal overwhelmingly bad for us, we will say no, and they wont get the things that they want.

we don't need to do that

we just say "no" to whatever is offered at the end of the 2 year negotiation

There is nothing that they can do to stop us, if that is what we decide we want

if they want to change our minds that have to put something on the table to help us come to that decision. Merely saying that "we will give you a bad deal" is just going to make up more determined, as we know, they know, and we know that they know (as they have openly said it), that "No deal" is a bad deal for them as well. The ultimate act of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

tim

Reply to
tim...

probably as part of EFTA

A modified version of what Norway/Switzerland has

(that Norway/Switzerland will want the same deal is just something that the EU will have to take account of)

No doubt there are.

Reply to
tim...

when, as a known Remainer, you spouted one of the lies that I hear every time one of your ilk is interviewed on the TV (some variation of "wanting everything but giving nothing"),

how could I have interpreted it otherwise

Reply to
tim...

In article , Tim Streater writes

You could also ask when was the last time the commissioners or the parliament put a manifesto before the people of Europe for them to vote on.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

And has now been rejected by the referendum.

Reply to
bert

Not directly but last time round there were attempts to get us to fund it indirectly.

We won't be liable to bail it out nor to accept all the migrants fleeing the resultant chaos and poverty Since 2008 poverty in the eurozone has increased both relative and absolute.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

WTF has Harry got to do with this?

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

You seem to be missing the basic intelligence to follow even the simplest of discussions. Go and try reading Article 50. It's only about

3 paragraphs and there are no big words.
Reply to
bert

I read today Sweden is calling for an amicable settlement. Their exports to the UK have nose dived with the fall in the pound. We are their largest export market and if tariffs are added the situation for them becomes desperate. Reality is beginning to surface.

Reply to
bert

Why would tarriffs be added. I don't think we have an equavalnet to ikea that needs protecting. and I'm not planing on replacing or upgrading my koenigsegg regera just yet. :) I'll even still listen to abba records if they are played.

Reply to
whisky-dave

It's been said by several different people high up (as it were) in the EU. And the timing of any such negotiations is very definitely in the EU's court. Not the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)