OT: EU and Canada

Yes we were indirectly. And no that would be too late. We could be forced to remain for two years under Article 50 during which time we are still full members. By way of illustration if CETA goes through before Brexit we will be bound by the deal for 40 years.

Another Remoaner who claims to read other peoples minds.

You lost. Get over it.

Reply to
bert

The EU doesn't yet know what it wants. That's why it keeps asking what the UK wants so that it can then disagree.

Reply to
bert

Perhaps in response to tariffs being added on our goods by the EU. There's a long way to go yet, and I did say "if".

Reply to
bert

Do you not understand how trade works?

You lost. Get over it.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

You still haven't read Article 50 have you.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

You must be joking!!

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Well you seem to ignore France so who else is left?

Reply to
bert

And the majority are in the Eurozone.

Reply to
bert

Why so - we won't be part of the EU after Brexit. If we are bound my that then we would be bound by everything else EU - so there wouldn't be any point in leaving.

It's not a matter of winning or Losing. It's a matter of what is good for the country

Reply to
charles

Not necessarily. If the UK chose to leave and do nothing that Article 50 specifies, there is nothing the EU can do about that.

Even if the UK did choose to do what Article 50 specifies, and the EU chose to impose say a levy on EU member countries to bail out say Italy if it implodes financially, the UK could just refuse to be part of that because it is leaving.

That is just plain wrong.

Reply to
Jack Johnson

You'd expect someone to work in another country, but leave his immediate family at home? My view of the free movement thing was very different. A removal of all barriers between countries. Which little Englanders are going to hate in principle. We have four countries in the UK and no barriers between them. So why not all of Europe?

You think Polish plumbers come at the lowest possible cost? German bankers, etc?

Fortress Europe? That's a new one. Walls and guns at every border?

You may well be right, sadly. The economic end results of leaving the EU were warned about but ignored since it was only experts who did so. Failed businessmen like Farage said it would all be wonderful.

But never mind. Well worth being poor if we regain 'sovereignty'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not surprised you consider the EU a dictatorship. One so powerful a tiny part of one country can block a major trade deal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Exactly! so the remoaners should stop whinging and get behind the UK to help us move forward.

Reply to
Bod

And the country has decided.

Reply to
bert

In article , Jack Johnson writes

Well I'm not an expert on the Law of international Treaties or the Vienna Convention but I suspect they may have some remedy in the international courts.

So we just walk away from our treaty obligations.

Reply to
bert

completely free

no chance!

tim

Reply to
tim...

No, no, bert, anything but that! Have *some* consideration for the public.

Reply to
Tim Streater

LOL

Reply to
bert

why would we do that we don't make mobile phones, we don't make computers. They'd be no point in adding a tarriff. What will happen is that componies will add a faked extra cost ot the produ ct so they can make a higher profit just like un unilever did with marmite, and yuo will be expected to suck it up and put up with it just like any ot her price increase, if you're stupid enough that is.

Reply to
whisky-dave

He actually believes that the Labour party cares.

Bless!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher