OT: EU and Canada

They can talk all they want. But no actual decision can be made until after we've left.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No. We import them. It's you who apparently don't know the difference.

One where my feet touch the ground. You should try it some time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very modified, if the crucial part of us being able to have full control over EU citzen's coming to the UK was to be agreed.

Far more to the point is any such agreement would have to be ratified by all EU members. Like Poland, and the other countries who have people working here. And that's not going to happen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well, pretty well all of the promises made my the BEXIT lot have been shown up for the lies they were. And don't talk about warnings from Cameron etc about what might happen immediately post BREXIT because they're no longer in any position to implement them.

And until there is actual proof to the contrary, a wise person will accept that the UK has dug itself into a financial hole which could take decades to recover from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Pray tell just what you think Ikea sells that there are no alternatives to? Do they sell iBeds?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So who's going to put a tarriff on them the EU ?

Remmebrr we donlt have atrade deal with the USA nirther does the EU.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I didn't see any promises.

So who was in a postion to change anything certainly no one in BREXIT.

DID yuo not noticve that BREXIT isn't a politcal party.

could take days weeks, years depends doesn't it.

EU deal can;t be done bewteen the EU and canda fail after 7 years. EU to USA failed after 7 years. You have obviouly leant nothing.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'm not aware of any British or UK company that specialese in flatback furniture, we used to have MFI .

Reply to
whisky-dave

almost certainly. That why the price in Pounds is the same as the price in Dollars as is with many USA products.

Reply to
charles

Just about any shed sells flatpack stuff. Argos too. Without the nightmare that is Ikea.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

B&Q certainly do, but nothing like the quality of Ikea.

Reply to
charles

But we won;t be in teh EU will will so who gives a f*ck what tarrif the EU puts on Apple products like other countries we won;t have to pay it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The UK might put on its own tarrifs, though

Reply to
charles

So you're asaying the EU will put prices up in argos ? Doesn't the EU already put tarriffs on stuff availble in argos. ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

There might be some leeway over "full" control, if the carrot is big enough

They will have to put some deal on the table that they all agree to

if the Eastern Block insist on full FoM we are not going to accept it so they wont get what they want anyway

far better to accept that they wont get that sooner rather than later, and move onto some compromise that they might get

tim

Reply to
tim...

"Dave Plowman (News)" posted

Now that is a more reasonable position, but still not quite correct. It is perfectly possible to negotiate an agreement that will take effect as soon as the UK gas formally left the EU. Nothing stopping anybody trying to, at least.

Recall that the EU is an institution formed, at least ostensibly, to serve its citizens. These citizens *want* to trade with each other and with people in other countries, because trade brings prosperity. Big manufacturers in Germany and France aren't going to let feather-bedded politicians in Brussels stop them for reasons of idealism or malice. They will say: Your job is to make UK-EU trade as easy as possible after Brexit. Now get on with it and try to reach agreement, or else.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

There are some areas where the EU takes decisions by unanimity and some are as where it does so by qualified majority voting. There is a 'ratchet' whe reby decision making for any particular competency can from the first area to the second but never the other way.

Eventually it will all be by QMV and then the majority can overrule the min ority at will.

Reply to
RobertL

There was an unfortunate incident at the Reading branch last week where a workman had died, the initial report on the evening TV news did not give the reason. I said to the missus the poor sod was probably one of the original builders who had starved to death unable to find his way out.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Yes, but why?

Reply to
Handsome Jack

And some where it takes decisions with no democratic oversight whatsoever.

Cf EU 'regulations'.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher