OT: Contactless card fraud?

You certainly can't just turn up and expect to get a good deal on the day.

But if retired etc, so can be more flexible about travel times, there are some decent deals available. Except direct to the National Exhibition Centre. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True if the full register hasn't leaked and politics leaks like a seive... But there are other searchable lists, phone book springs immediatly to mind, again incomplete. Or just a general google search, it only takes one hit...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Indeed it is.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I'd not say much of the visible infrastructure in the UK is in quite such a state as in the US.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed. When we lived there, you could stand by the railway tracks and watch as the rails rose and fell as trains ran along them. In Baltimore, a whole train of wagons, full of brand new road vehicles, fell over in the marshalling yard. Not apocryphal, it was on the other side of the fence from where I was working.

Reply to
Davey

Yes. Think G. Brown and the pensions industry!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

as the old women said as she pissed in the sea. and the drop in the ocean of the £500,000 for the NHS to treat a preg anant nigerian.

I wish I could find out how much our PAT testing costs. I was told on Friday that I should know that conputers are low voltage item s :-0 but then again that is by managment who probbley have the fasterst mac book pros. so they can send emails quickly.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Is there any reason why you cut off such things as "OT" before replying to a post: and hence you start a new thread?

Reply to
Judith

Is he now dead too? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Funny. My newsreader just added it on to the same one that Brian answered.

Reply to
Davey

Simply changing the title when you reply doesn't automatically start a new thread - in my newsreader, at any rate.

In order to start a new thread, you need to . . . start a new thread . . . rather than replying to the current thread.

Reply to
Roger Mills

One can only hope.

Reply to
Huge

Get a proper newsreader that threads on the References header and not on the Subject.

Reply to
Huge

Your newsreader works properly.

Reply to
Huge

Agreed. The politicians can always find something "better" to spend the money on.

Reply to
Huge

Hang on, Streater, Plowman and me all agreeing on something. Have I wandered into an alternative universe?

Reply to
Huge

Gone very quiet:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Well it was bound to happen.

Reply to
Tim Streater

I think he emerged recently to expound on something or other, in the amazing belief that the last Labour government was a great financial success, and if only we all listened to his advice, all would be well.

Reply to
Davey

I've not once been able to use the stupid pointless system. Most purchases are too large for it.

It takes seconds to enter 4 digits.

And why would I want my card to be used by any random person if I lose it? The PIN is there for a reason!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword