Multiple fan oven (Neff) element failure!

Hello All,

just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this scenario :

I bought a Neff B1641 oven new in 2000, no problems until this year when the fan ring element went (all melted in one area, no heat). So forked out £35 for a replacement direct from Neff (next day service , good). All's well for a couple of months then no heat again .... after inspection (nothing obvious this time) but open circuit on testing. So another replacement element obtained and all's well again for another couple of months and guess what.... it's gone again all melted this time.

Before I install another one, have I just been unlucky or could there be some underlying fault here ....3 elements in less than a year sounds strange to me......any ideas?

BTW this oven is a hydro clean one which I clean fairly regularly 5-6 times a year. I just use fairy liquid in the water I put in the base to heat up. Could using this system be a problem?

Thx

Dave W

Reply to
D.White

Our (then two year old) Neff oven suffered a failed ring element , just before Christmas, last year!

We used the hydro-clean 'feature' when the oven was new .. but couldn't be bothered after a few 'go's. I shouldn't think that contributed to your problem, particularly when one considers the 'effluent' of roasting joints, casseroles, and all the other things cooked in the oven. But then: what do I know?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Sounds like the fans not circulating the air properly causing hot-spotting, could be stuck/running slow (bearings?) or the impellors out of place?

Niel, former bell-end engineer.

Reply to
Badger

Thx for all your input...have checked the fan and it rotates fine but I will leave the covering back plate off for a while so I can see it easily in case its something intermittent. Checked the voltage across the element and was as it should be and the new element has a resistance of 22 ohms so not much else I can do, so its fingers crossed. I'll post back if I find any other faults or it goes again :((

D W

Reply to
D.White

From: D.White (dave snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com)

doing that will kill the elements in no time. The back cover channels the fan air flow over the ring element.

Might be worth checking all the lectrical connections to the fan, in case a connector is corroded, loose, or has lost its grip. Ditto for the elements, if they have a bad end connector the end gets excessively hot.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton