Replace rear element in an AEG fan oven

Hi,

The rear element in my AEG Competence 5238 fan oven has blown and I would like to replace it. I have taken out the first two rear panels in the oven thus far and can now touch the element. However, on pulling gently, it doesn't come out.

Does anyone know how to remove this old element? Do I have to completely remove the oven from its wall mounting and work from the rear of the oven, or is it possible to get it out from the front (inside)?

Many thanks,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Rodgers

Firstly; I dunno! However; it's often useful to use google for this information - inserting "AEG Competence 5238 " into the search field revealed produced the following URL;-

picture may be found of an element suitable for the cited oven. Perusal of the picture indicates that there's a locating tab positioned at six-o'clock to the elements connectors. I'd guess that the element is secured to the oven by this tab and screws at the element-connectors end. These items should be accessible from the 'inside' of the oven ... YMMV.

The screw(s) should be (readily) visible ... when did you last clean the oven ...? :)

HTH

Brian

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

found several suppliers of the correct element. Looking inside the oven, it's still not clear to me how to take the old one out though... so I'm asking here.

I have unscrewed the tab already. Unfortunately, at the connector end the element ends with a smooth shiny (aluminium?) plate which lies flush with the back wall of the oven cavity with no visible fixings at all. I guess that means it's attached from the back, or that I have to remove another layer inside the back of the oven. Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Rodgers

yup you gota take the outside back panel off too...

Reply to
Badger

Thanks a lot. I have done this successfully now. For the sake of the archives, all you had to do was:

1) Remove the back plates from the interior of the oven to expose the fan element. 2) Unscrew the retaining screw on the left of the element. 3) Pull the oven out of its wall mounting (this took two people). 4) Using a posidrive screwdriver and with the electricity cut off, remove the back cover. 5) Using a 9/32" spanner, undo the old element and push it out. Fit the new one and then do everything back up the way you found it! :-)

All told this took under an hour.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Rodgers