Kenwood oven base element removal?

I have a Kenwood range oven and the bottom element has failed on the main oven. It doesn't seem to remove from the back: the flange is the wrong side of the "back plate" where you can access the wiring. It doesn't seem to come out downwards into the tray space, and the "oven lining" part looks very complicated to dismantle. I have done a bit of googling for videos or manuals without any luck. It is something like a CK405 (irritatingly the model plate has fallen off).

I only seem to be finding clickbait and/or charging sites for a service manual (installation manuals are easy to find).

Any suggestions, links?

TIA

Reply to
newshound

Turns out to be the classic Sherlock Holmes job: when you have eliminated all the possible....

Remove top. Take off all knobs and release front panel. Then you can take off the side panel, which lets you remove the "roof" of the tray space, and there you are. (There is a single completely unnecessary screw masked by the front panel).

Reply to
newshound