Refill a 24v rechargable drill battery?

Hi all.

On behalf of a friend...

He has several 24v SDS drill batteries that no longer hold a reasonable charge. They're for a Bosch but also fit "Spit?" (Never heard of 'em) drills too aparently.

The bodies of these battery cases are held together with screws so it looks as if it should be easy to replace the actual nicad batteries inside. But where to get GOOD replacement batteries that won't cost the earth? Untill he opens one I won't know exactly what's inside but maybe someone here has already done this for themselves.

Any hints or pointers gratefully recieved.

G'night folks.

Reply to
Mike Barnard (at work)

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 23:10:08 +0000, "Mike Barnard (at work)" strung together this:

Yep, Spit. Orange Bosch drills basically, replicas if you like.

Lurch

In message , "Mike Barnard (at work)" writes

These guys have always sorted me out well so are probably worth a phone call. They will either sell cells or do the refitting for you.

Reply to
Bill

Normal size in these tools are sub C and 1.2v per cell. Your charger will be optimized for either NiMh ot NiCd. Don't change one for the other.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks to all of you. Will explore all these sites once we've cracked one opento see whats inside.

Reply to
Mike Barnard (at work)

Last time I checked, CPC were the best value. The cells you need are probably sub C tagged. However, you might find a new battery about the same price - after all it's only a bit of plastic, other than the cells. And it will have a warranty. The only type I'll usually re-cell is cheap cordless, as decent batteries make a big difference to the performance. But I'd expect Bosch to supply decent ones as standard.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've googled for "CPC rechargeable batteries" and other variations and not found anything. Would you pass on a link or contact number if you have one please?

Thanks for the info. Mates choice, but will look up all the data for him.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

this one should take you one

Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Mike Barnard writes

fred

If you have any contacts within a university theres extra discount available due to their purchasing agreements...

Reply to
Badger

Reply to
Mike Barnard (at work)

No such luck. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Mike Barnard (at work)

Reply to
Mike Barnard (at work)

Yup - that's why I posted the second URL. :-)

Actually, Maplin own brand tagged sub C are pretty good too. So check out their price.

Oh - if you ploughed through the CPC Ni-Cad pages, I think you'll find they do a non OEM pack complete for your drill.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Find the size you need and look at CPC or RS. I've found both have good lives even under heavy loads. Maplin's more expensive brand (not the cheaper ones they also stock) are also good.

Reply to
Mike