Tesco 24v drill

Hi all, I've seen this drill in Tescos

and other than the 10mm chuck it seems like a bargain. Has anyone bought or used one of these?

I also like the look of the JCB 24v SDS drill

It also sound a lot of drill for the price, would it really be worth the extra?

Thanks

Reply to
Uncle Nick

Those links should be: Tesco's own

JCB
the comparison:
$4294965701.aspxSee if they work this time!

Reply to
Uncle Nick

No! They need their own line, thusly:

$4294965701.aspx

Reply to
Phil L

$4...Sounds like a bargain and in a year or so when they cost =A350, I shall=20 get one.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

FWIW we have 4 of the JCB version [MAKRO £65 ish] Excellent drill for the money. They get some stick drilling concrete beams. The only downdside is that you have to be F careful when fitting the battery, get it on a slight angle and it jams solid!!! So we just take them back and they give us a new drill complete! does not happen that often but it is worth noting. Mnd you these are used day in / day out on building sites and are not treated delicately,

HTH

Reply to
Grumpy owd man

Cheap tools have more limited battery life. And the higher the battery voltage, the shorter its life. 24v means any 1 of 20 cells failing will take it out of action, whereas with a 12v tool its any one of 10 cells, hence the mean life difference.

The flipside is that with a 24v tool, if one cell goes bad you can wire it out and run it at 22.8v with very little difference.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

These are battery drills? I have never seen that sort of stuff for=20 sale at Makro. Do they vary region by region?

I noticed Sainsbury's are selling cheap tat these days. Some low=20 power, low grade tools in the Hanley shop.

Their grocery business seems to be on the slide though. I went to the=20 frozen veg section and one whole side of the isle was frozen chips the=20 other was a variety of mixed veg.

It used to be a good shop until it went into competition with=20 Sommerfield.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Generally supermarkets look to cater for the demands of the local market in order to stay in business and improve market share.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks to all for the help and info. These drills are in this month's Makro Mail (=A369.99 + VAT) so I'm off there, big thank you to Grumpy owd man for the 'heads up'.

Reply to
Uncle Nick