Outside light query

I need to *temporarily* install an outside light on one side of my property overlooking a lawn - as it's only to be used for a month or two I don't want to go to the hassle of running a length of wire, etc.

So, bearing all that in mind, I have two theories:

a) Get a battery powered light that I can put outside (doesn't even need to be waterproof as perhaps it could be brought in if necessary). A halogen torch wouldn't be powerful enough (it wouldn't give a good enough spread of light - the area to be illuminated is about 30 feet across by 15 feet deep). Batteries would need to be rechargeable.

b) Get some kind of mains powered light that could be mounted *inside* a window and hence plugged into the mains.

Any thoughts anyone and recommendations on anything suitable please?

Thanks

Reply to
atariman

I would go mains every time, you don't want to change batteries in the middle of a tricky operation, there will be a tendency to "push" a battery lighting unit beyond what is comfortable. Maybe something like this,

not a major investment at £19 maybe a better one could be hired?

Reply to
soup

Make that £20

Reply to
soup

|!I need to *temporarily* install an outside light on one side of my |!property overlooking a lawn - as it's only to be used for a month or |!two I don't want to go to the hassle of running a length of wire, etc. |! |!So, bearing all that in mind, I have two theories: |! |!a) Get a battery powered light that I can put outside (doesn't even |!need to be waterproof as perhaps it could be brought in if necessary). |!A halogen torch wouldn't be powerful enough (it wouldn't give a good |!enough spread of light - the area to be illuminated is about 30 feet |!across by 15 feet deep). Batteries would need to be rechargeable. |! |!b) Get some kind of mains powered light that could be mounted *inside* |!a window and hence plugged into the mains. |! |!Any thoughts anyone and recommendations on anything suitable please?

Consider an LPG light if you will use it a lot, or enough to make the purchase worthwhile. Camping stores have them.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Thanks. :)

Reply to
atariman

Thanks, will look into that.

Reply to
atariman

How about a garden lighting system? A 12 volt transformer and a bunch of 12v lights around the area.

Reply to
Matty F