Re: Humidistat to control existing fan, £cheap?

Any tips where to get a stand-alone humidistat to operate an existing fan

> at a good price? > > TLC do a remote sensor adjustable one >
which is probably the jobby but it's pushing 30 squid > > There's a clunky-looking (but cheaper: £14) electromechanical one here >
but the hysteresis might mean it stays on forever in practice, and I'd > have to bodg^H^H^Himprovise an enclosure > > I could even disembowel a cheap humidistat fan >

but it seems a waste ...

> Am I missing a bargain somewhere I haven't found?

Waste of time, been there done that. I added a humidistat in bathroom onto existing fan. In spring/summer/autumn worked fine, have shower fan runs, fan eventually turns off. However in winter when the bathroom temperature is lower the fan just comes on all the time. Change setting then fan doesn't work rest of year.

Sorted by buying an expensive (over £100 I think) VentAxia fan that has a temperature compensated humidistat and that worked wonderfully as expected all year round. Also had a timed override, which I connected to a chorded momentary action pull switch, so that if someone dropped a non humid smelly in the bathroom the fan could chew it away !!!!!

Reply to
Ian_m

In message , Ian_m writes

I'm not sure the wet ones would trigger the humidistat either unless it was in your pants. You could mount the fan in your pants too and it really would chew it away. (Might make a bit of a mess on the wall though.)

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

In message , John Stumbles writes

Why do I get evil thoughts of rewiring the emergency cord pull in disabled toilets to either turn off the light or flush the toilet.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell