Changing an oven element

One oven has ceased to function. The neon shines, the fan spins and the light works, so I imagine it must be replacement element time.

Can't get the old one out yet, but when I do, any thoughts on a replacement? Looking at eBay, prices range from less than a tenner to well over twenty pounds. Would a cheap one be a waste of money?

Cooker is Rangemaster 110 dual fuel, if that matters.

Reply to
Graeme

I don't know about cooker elements but I have just ordered some dishwasher parts directly from Zanussi and found they are cheaper for genuine parts from them than pattern compatible parts elsewhere.

Zanussi £5 Espares £7.20

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Be thankful it's not a £50 Neff one, if I could have found an OEM element I would have got one instead.

Reply to
Andy Burns

No. I installed cheap elements in a grill and they have been just fine., The originals - well one of them - failed after 35 years ...

I doubt the ownerr will live another 35...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks, both. Managed to get the old one out, and it is clearly stamped

2500W, as expected. Dated 1997, which is about right.

There are plenty available via eBay, so I'll pick one at random.

Cheers,

Reply to
Graeme

I doubt this owner will last another 35 years, either!

Reply to
Graeme

Same with me for Bosch fridge freezer parts

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I assume its the only element in that oven? Some have two one each side. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Just one at the back, Brian.

Reply to
Graeme

Same with me for practically all Bosch parts (washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher etc.). Apart from the very occasional ridiculous one.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Our Neff oven element went last year.

Replaced it with "RS120674 Compatible Fan Element 2300W" from

for the princely price of £11.90 including VAT & Delivery.

It's been in action for 12 months now no problems. Whether it will last another 10 or so years to match the original who knows but I'll still be replacing it with the £10 one if it fails again.

:)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Thanks for the comments. Ordered a replacement element, 8.99 including delivery, and it arrived yesterday. Fitted this morning and jobs a good'un. Delighted.

Reply to
binnsroad