Anyone used a "Sandglider" on Parquet flooring?

One of the many jobs here is to restore a herringbone Parquet floor. I don't want to use a drum sander on it and can't find a large belt sander to hire, so I'm wondering about hiring a Sandglider

from HSS. Has anyone any direct experience of using them on pitch pine Parquet that's in reasonable condition?

Reply to
nothanks

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

whatever machine you use de-wax it first as wax will clog the sanding disk/belt very quickly.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Thanks for the link, I particularly liked the comment about perfectionism.

Reply to
nothanks

A good point. I'll try white spirit and steel wool.

The first task is to raise the loose blocks, scrape the bitumen and stick them down again with Sika 5500s (first Sika Rapid DPM). Then I'll sand the edges but leave the bulk of the floor until the skirting is fitted and the room is decorated

Reply to
nothanks

I'd sand the edges before fitting skirting. Most machines don't get right up to the skirting.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike