LInux - pah humbug.

I mocked-up a 43" screen from an offcut of proplex and decided it would be *too* big for use at a desk, so Mr Amazon is delivering an LG 32UN88A tomorrow.

amazon's search is useless for whittling down what's available ... you search for 32" it includes 27" you search for IPS it includes VA you search for 4K it includes WQHD you can't search for "no speakers" or "not curved" in the end it's easiest to sort by price and filter manually from there.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Direct in eyesight, definitely.

Ours is mounted on the wall, 1m from the user, 1m up.

Other monitors/laptops and live below, they are a bit closer.

we sit on high bar stools

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Next will be to see how universal the VESA quick fit/release brackets are between manufacturers, or whether "meccano" will be required to re-use the existing stand (which is specific for the docking station)

Andy Burns

My experience has been that they are pretty good ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Nothing that an angle grinder and some pliers couldn't fix ...

Reply to
Andy Burns