Kg v pound

Maybe. If the road signs, white lining etc. are up to scratch and not obscured by hedges/weeds.

I want to know how the decision is made where two fully automated vehicles planning to turn right meet at a crossroads:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

But still much more expensive than using the free bus.

Reply to
zaq

In message <t9spv0$34ans$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Harry Bloomfield Esq snipped-for-privacy@harrym1byt.plus.com> writes

I remember when chocolate came off ration!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And a 25 pounder than a 87.6 mm.

Reply to
zaq

The overhead wires are expensive and they can't easily overtake each other.

Reply to
zaq

But not as easily as conventional buses when one has stopped to allow pax to get on and off. That must comprehensively complicate bus routing.

And they can only use the streets which have the infrastucture.

Reply to
zaq

The British Government makes those decisions for us when it comes to weights and measures. The composition of Yards and Perches Act at the end of the 13th century redefined both to 11/10 of the original. In

1495, the Winchester set of measures were enacted. In 1588, the Exchequer Standard introduced Avoirdupois. That was replaced in Britain but not the USA) by imperial measure in 1825 and, in 1968, our Government decide we would go metric, although they dropped the idea of metric speed limits, probably due to the cost of changing all the signs.

as 'wogs in pyjamas' are.

I've heard the French, who invented the MKS system, called many things, but not that before.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

My last time was 5 March 2020.

Reply to
S Viemeister

No need for any of those.

They don't need to use those.

Trivially fixed by adding a random choice of who goes first.

Reply to
zaq

What’s the point in all the nym-shifting Rod if you’re gonna give the game away so quickly?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

With a smallish onboard battery or generator set, they can come off the wires to bypass roadworks, an accident or whatever too. With a larger battery, they can extend their routes out into the suburbs.

Reply to
SteveW

Fools like that one get to see their stupidities exposed.

Reply to
zaq

But are much worse than a conventional bus when passing another bus which has stopped to allow pax to get on or off.

Better to have an even bigger battery so the street infrastructure isn't needed at all.

Reply to
zaq

Not an ignorant interjection, I've never dealt with LSD / L-s-d at all.

I recall buying sweets for a half penny or a penny, that was in the very late 1970s.

So where has this L-s-d /LSD come from in the context of sweets?

Reply to
SH

What langauge is that? Looks like French?

I've heard of pounds and pence but where has these shillings come from?

Reply to
SH

Same applies to trams - only worse. And trams can never overtake each other.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You mean your usenet client can't do UTF-8, Woddles?

Reply to
Tim Streater

And that is why both were mostly phased out.

Reply to
zaq

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net writes

Fantastic acceleration (series-wound motors, I believe, that switched to parallel for normal running)) and regenerative braking. In Newcastle upon Tyne they were replaced by great, lumbering, noisy, smoky 'Atlantean' diesel buses, that I think could actually carry somewhat fewer passengers.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

that is why I ended up a fatso and my 5 year old brother was skinny as a rake....bastards

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...