Kg v pound

Surely 0.125 lb?

Reply to
alan_m

So what is a "digital mile"? What is it opposite to? There are digital photocopiers, but that is as opposed to an optical photocopier. There are binary files, but that is nothing to do with representing numbers in ones and zeros. Aerial installers used to insist you needed a digital aerial for digital television. And there are binary (as opposed to decimal) kilobytes (otherwise known as "kibibytes".)

Reply to
Max Demian

Pass. She trained at Bedford but only taught in Hertfordshire schools.

I can't remember what was used at our secondary but CGS wasn't secret:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I thought my ALevels used MKs - in 1957!

Reply to
charles

Here, If you want to use Park & Ride you need to pay - even with a Senior Pass- but a discounted rate.

Reply to
charles

Probably ends in a lot of zeros. Perhaps 5000 feet?

Reply to
charles

On 03 Jul 2022, Murmansk wrote

My guess is that your architrave supplier works almost exclusively with trade (rather than consumer) buyers, where centimetres are simply. Not. Used. Ever.

In a couple of weeks I'll be 70, and have spent my career working with architects, designers, building, and associated trades.

I've never come across anyone working in those fields who thinks in or uses centimetres. If faced with a retail product specified in centimetres, they'll convert it to millimetres.

I've occasionally come across drawings which have used metres for longer distances, but have literally never seen centimetres used on a technical drawing or specification.

Standard trade meaturement: 1440mm Possible measurement on a drawing (rare): 1.44m Only in consumer/retail goods: 144cm

Reply to
HVS

I suspect that buses will, in time, be replaced with driverless electric taxis. Far more efficient than buses.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cars with no tax, MOT or insurance are extremely cheap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As an engineer, one needs to convert between all and any units in use by any entity one comes into contact with

I don't care if its inches millimetres or centimetres, so long as it is accurate.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Which somehow died when it ceased to be a market protection cartel and became a self legalising mafia style protection racket.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well you don't *have* to spend your money there, do you?

In the limit you can FOTF*

*Fuck Off To France.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Brits are as entitled to their cultural diversity as 'wogs in pyjamas' are.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's always been legal to trade in imperial provided your primary means was metric.

All a law change will do is remove that proviso.

If people don't like it, they will shop elsewhere.

Proper 'democracy by credit card'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But '50 cal' sounds a lot better than 12.7mm

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Max Demian

Don't be an areshole. It is entirely irrelevant. No brexiteer gives a f*ck.

It is for remoaners to make them feel superior, that's all. And in your case its worked exactly as intended.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed they did. I am forever surprised that the EU didn't define PI to equal 5.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think cm are often used in fabric measurement.

Ive seen a decimetre used as well - its about 4" - but not for fabric.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Early days.

Reply to