Is the AA normally this bad?

I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I received no communication from them, apart from a reply to my complaint, which itself had not be followed up. The money was taken from my account today, is this normal from them? If so how good is their recovery? Am I able to cancel and receive a full refund, I have not used it to date.

Reply to
Broadback

I've used them twice and both times they were extremely efficient. They won't cover my motorhome though. Apparently it's too heavy.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

How did you apply, online via their site or via a reseller outside a supermarket or via an insurance company or WHY? I can imagine anything not directly with them will take a while to process, expecially if there is any discounts involved. "Process" ie wait until any penaltly free refund period for the goods/services associated with the application has expired.

The times I've used them it's been a good service. Never had a roadside fix, bit difficult to replace an injector roadside or sort out a gear box that went BANG and started making lots of little metallic tinkly noises and wouldn't come out of 3rd and they don't carry ride height sensors. They've been happy to take me and it to the destination of my choice.

Read the small print...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

which will include the statutory 14 day cooling off period - but it may not be a /full/ refund: there may be a deduction for the period of cover and an admin fee.

Reply to
Robin

In the last 3 years

Flat battery at home Sunday evening. Battery replaced with 2 hours (did tell them I was not going anywhere that night but needed the van on Monday morning)

Flat battery (different van) Friday 5pm near J38 of A1. Battery replaced less than 15 minutes after the call

Diesel pump failure on a Thursday afternoon. On tow within the hour.

New diesel pump set on fire Saturday afternoon. On tow within the hour

Would not start later in the week. The new new diesel pump had a loose connection. Fixed within the hour

CV joint failed Monday Morning at 6am. On tow by 7am

Replacement CV joint failed on Ponds Forge roundabout mid day mid week in the snow. There within 30 minutes. It took ages due to the snow and where I pulled up to actually get on tow. But he was a star.

EGV failed on St Georges Bridge in morning rush hour. On tow within the hour. Although the queues I caused on the bridge into Doncaster held him up.

And 4 years ago a non van one - Gf spun her car on A64 on a Bank Holiday Monday and knocked the tyre off the rim and we could not get the wheel off (two other cars also spun of the road within 5 minutes). Subcontractor there within 15 minutes (I classed that one as vulnerable when I called them).

Number of times I have called them out for my vehicles in 30 years?

Twice.

Reply to
ARW

RAC should be able to cover that via the Caravan Club. Asssuming you hven't already got cover.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David