Free phone calls

good. Is there an equivalemt in the UK?

Reply to
harry

Somehow my brain wishes you had used tinyurl for that one....

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Viber

Reply to
Wally

Interesting. I'm sure there will be soon, if there isn't yet.

However I hardly spend anything on fixed line voice calls.

I pay for line rental, I pay for broadband, and the deal includes free evening and weekend calls - which is included in even the most basic package.

If you had this gadget - those charges wouldn't change.

However if you make lots of international calls, and/or you need a solution for the non-techy user - it's probably just the thing.

Reply to
dom

Vider appears to be a download app for mobile phones.

the OP has linked to a VOIP "box" for landlines.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I think you still need ethernet so may as well use skype. I gad an offer from a company trying to sell me a box for free phone calls over VOIP

Reply to
whisky-dave

They're called VoIP ATA (analogue terminal adapters)

Some work with any VoIP (SIP) provider, some are intended for Skype

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I use a VOIP equipped router (Billion 7404VGP) and SIPGATE to give me a phone number.

Zero rental. Zero cost if its to another SIPGATE number, otherwise pretty cheap transfers to USA Germany and the UK at least.

Highly recommended if you are making a lot of calls to someone who can also do the same.

You can register a UK number and then set up a an account anywhere in the world that connects to it...if they don't catch you :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We've had a Sipgate number for years chucked 20 quid credit on it and never toped it up;!..

However there're quite good apart from all cust service, enquires have to be done by e-mail whereas someone like VoIPfone they do have a UK call centre.

Well not exactly, they have it appears several customer service agents working from home an excellent example of a modern structured bizz...

I did wonder why when I mailed them with a suspect config file they replied around 23:00 hrs;!..

Reply to
tony sayer