Free phone calls

https://www.magicjackplus2012deal.com/MJPLUSINT/1.0000/index.cgi?mid &01780&aV062&s90_q5d1021j129531&ClickID_96322361_c0f4410d-ceca-458b-829b-53119cbd525a
Sounds good. Is there an equivalemt in the UK?
Somehow my brain wishes you had used tinyurl for that one....
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"harry" < snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com> wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 00:08:39 -0700 (PDT), harry

Viber

Vider appears to be a download app for mobile phones.
the OP has linked to a VOIP "box" for landlines.
tim
Interesting. I'm sure there will be soon, if there isn't yet.
However I hardly spend anything on fixed line voice calls.
I pay for line rental, I pay for broadband, and the deal includes free evening and weekend calls - which is included in even the most basic package.
If you had this gadget - those charges wouldn't change.
However if you make lots of international calls, and/or you need a solution for the non-techy user - it's probably just the thing.
On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:08:39 AM UTC+1, harry wrote:

https://www.magicjackplus2012deal.com/MJPLUSINT/1.0000/index.cgi?mid &01780&aV062&s90_q5d1021j129531&ClickID_96322361_c0f4410d-ceca-458b-829b-53119cbd525a
I think you still need ethernet so may as well use skype. I gad an offer from a company trying to sell me a box for free phone calls over VOIP
On Oct 23, 7:08am, harry wrote:

They're called VoIP ATA (analogue terminal adapters) http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/default_ShopGroup.asp?ShopGroupID=96
Some work with any VoIP (SIP) provider, some are intended for Skype
Owain
On 14/11/12 17:09, Owain wrote:

I use a VOIP equipped router (Billion 7404VGP) and SIPGATE to give me a phone number.
Zero rental. Zero cost if its to another SIPGATE number, otherwise pretty cheap transfers to USA Germany and the UK at least.
Highly recommended if you are making a lot of calls to someone who can also do the same.
You can register a UK number and then set up a an account anywhere in the world that connects to it...if they don't catch you :-)
--
Ineptocracy

We've had a Sipgate number for years chucked 20 quid credit on it and never toped it up;!..
However there're quite good apart from all cust service, enquires have to be done by e-mail whereas someone like VoIPfone they do have a UK call centre.
Well not exactly, they have it appears several customer service agents working from home an excellent example of a modern structured bizz...
I did wonder why when I mailed them with a suspect config file they replied around 23:00 hrs;!..
--
Tony Sayer