No hot water - only in bathroom

Last night I got back to my flat to discover that the hot water isn't working in one room, here are some further details to help you help me solve my mystery.

- I have a gas boiler,

- The hot water works in the kitchen

- The boiler fires up when I switch on the hot taps in the bathroom but the water continues to come out cold

- the water comes at quite fast despite being cold (so I don't think its a pump)

- the light in the bathroom is also out (which made me think its something about the fuse but I flicked all the fuses on and off and it didn't solve the problem).

- despite having posted on the UK DIY, I'm actually living in Paris but I figured the problems are more or less similar no?

I'd really rather not call out a plumber as it will be really expensive. Any ideas of what I might try?

Thanks

Emily

Reply to
EmilyF

How long are you waiting for the water to come out hot?

It can take quite a while from my experience of French plumbing.

Does the boiler fire up when you turn on the kitchen tap?

Has the temperature on the boiler been altered, and can you feel hot water coming out of the boiler?

If you're in a block with a Concierge, he/ she would be your first point of contact.

Reply to
John Williamson