Electrical socket from light switch for cctv.

No, they want everyone to have cars that perform as they were designed to perform when sold new.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I paid more for ABS. It fails. I now have a car just as safe as my neighbour who didn't pay for ABS. I am forced to repair what he can get away with not having. Insanity.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

None recently, they've all worn off. GPS.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

normal speeds.

PERCENT!

>>> And before you go on about excessive speed again, that's a pointless thing to look at. It depends on the driver's skill what his maximum safe speed is.

What exactly do you have in mind?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

or some reason the DVLA think a car with broken ABS is more dangerous th= an a car without it.

Why would I do that with an orange light reminding me all the time?

What if I had two cars, one with and one without? (Which I did for a nu= mber of years).

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

I want to attend one.

Reply to
ARW

Have a chat with your local traffic cops at the station. They can let you know who to speak to.

Reply to
John Williamson

Afraid I do not know that one.

And I admit to practicing my reverse parking when get a new van. There are no back windows, the van is of a different size and manufacturer and I will be driving it for the next 5 or 6 years so why not spend 30 minutes practicing? Then you can then do that perfect park when you arrive at your first job in the new van and you have to reverse into that tight parking spot without looking like a tit or damaging anything.

Reply to
ARW

You want to join the club of geeky knowitalls?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

I know a few people who have been on one. They all learnt something - apart from the 5 ft tall 17 stone sister in law who found the sandwich shop next door.

Reply to
ARW

I might try that.

Reply to
ARW

Seems unlikely that you drove to the MoT station, then disabled the light and, as soon as certificate awarded and before driving home, you immediately un-disabled it. I suspect that you never did un-disable it at the light is still not showing.

Reply to
polygonum

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 19:06:51 -0000, polygonum w= rote:

No, I:

Disabled the light. Drove to the MOT station. Got car back with certificate. Re-enabled light. Bought new sensor 6 months later when I could be bothered fitting it and= had found somewhere that didn't want hundreds of pounds for something t= he size of my finger.

I prefer driving with ABS, you can go faster.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

But why do you want to learn it?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Which MOT station? The test requires the tester to see the warning lamp on and then go off when the ABS self test has passed?

They obviously need to lose their testers license.

Or is it all BS?

Reply to
dennis

Like I'd tell you.

They probably didn't know it had ABS. I believe that ABS on that model is optional. They're a lot more useful than a penickity testing station.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Learning is good.

Reply to
ARW

Depends on the subject. It can be totally unnecessary.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Except that below certain speeds you fall asleep from boredom and crash. The way 'Brake' are forcing their 'unsafe at any speed' agenda down everyones craw we will soon be travelling in vehicles slower than walking pace.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Look on the bright side: the new job of walking flag-carrier will cut unemployment at a stroke.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell