Electrical socket from light switch for cctv.

Been done before. Three times within my hand. Three times from my hand to my feet. Makes you jump, nothing more, nothing less.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

In message , Java Jive writes

This reminds me of an incident at a chemical works in Runcorn a longtime ago. One of the fitters knew absolutely everything about everything and was so sure that he was indestructible that he refused to wear safety goggles while on the plant. He was warned a few times and eventually threatened with dismissal for breaking H&S reg's So he started wearing the goggles and all was peaceful again, until his manager realised that the guy had removed the clear lenses from the front of them!!!! I believe he found alternative employment.

"You can cater for a fool, but there's nothing you can do about a damned fool!"

If it was only themselves that "these people" effected then it would almost be poetic justice when life went wrong for them. But it isn't, as in the cases we are probably thinking of, it can be family, friends and totally unknown general public that are also effected, either directly and seriously, or indirectly and emotionally by having to clear up the mess caused.

Isn't life great? :-)

Reply to
Bill

£100? If only.

"They might be safer than ever before but some of Australia?s cheapest new cars can be an insurance write-off in the most common type of crash: a bumper-to-bumper prang.

Two top-selling hatchbacks ? the Honda Jazz and Toyota Yaris, available from $14,990 ? can rack up more than $13,000 in repairs in a low-speed nose-and-tail hit, or up to 90 per cent of their purchase price.That?s more than it costs to repair a $35,000 Ford Falcon sedan in the same front-and-rear smash ($9600).

The Volkswagen Polo and Mazda2 also didn?t cover themselves in glory, each racking up more than $11,000 in repairs, according to the latest NRMA Insurance study."

guess the phrase "is it an insurance job" is as alive here as in UK

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I suggest you get a clue about ohms law.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

get dangerous currents from low voltage.

You need to get a clue about ohms law.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

me reason the DVLA think a car with broken ABS is more dangerous than a car= without it.

No they don't. They think a car with deffective safety equipment is dangerous. Relativism doesn't enter into the equation.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

ote:

He's so dense, there's no way he would bounce.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

te:

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

You consider yourself a good driver?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I know all about ohm's law, what makes you think I don't? I'm referring to current CAPABILITY. In the case of the small load with broken earth, the current CAPABILITY is low. In the case of the car battery, the voltage is low.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

dangerous currents from low voltage.

That doesn't disagree with "You can't get dangerous currents from low voltage".

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

some reason the DVLA think a car with broken ABS is more dangerous than = a car without it.

Think for one second......

Car which isn't fitted with ABS. Net result, no ABS. Car which had ABS and it failed. Car switches to non-ABS mode. Net res= ult, no ABS.

The net results ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, except the DVLA think that the sec= ond one is dangerous.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Bad choice of words. My knowledge is densely packed into my brain, because there's so much of it :-P

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Yes I am. I drive perfectly fine without rules.

Do you read the instructions on how to switch on your TV too?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Yes. What has speeding got to do with bad driving?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Are Volvos still indestructible at 5mph into a brick wall?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

That would explain the difficulty you seem to have in retrieving it, then.

Reply to
John Williamson

If you attend a speed awareness course, you will find out.

Reply to
John Williamson

Look up the stats on the causes of accidents, and you'll find they're lying to you.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

My indexing system is cutting edge.

Reply to