Pan connector for tight fitting?

I've got a bit of a problem with a close fitting toilet pan, it was fitted in July with a flexi pan connector, as a 'normal' 90 degree connector just would not fit, as the pan end was too short. A combination of a straight connector, and a 90 deg was too long, so I had no choice at the time but to fit a flexi, which seemed to work well enough. Now, 5 months later, the flexi has got a kink in it, causing a slight blockage, due to being bent rather more than it is designed to, so I need to sort it out.

The one in this pic would be perfect:

However, that is in NZ, so probably difficult to get here, has anyone seen, or know of a similar connector here in the UK?

Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

There are other options.

  1. Use a WC with separate tank (ie none close coupled:- with a flush pipe than can be cut to the appropriate size).
  2. Mount the WC tank on a couple of battens on the wall to move the whole assembly further out.
Reply to
harry

In message , A.Lee writes

No and I have been looking.

My current plan is the normal *shortenable* 90deg. and extend the pan spout with a short straight connector.

I may need the battens suggested elsewhere!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Would something like:

a straight extension in the socket no do the trick?

Possibly even a combination of:

Short connector to the pan:

a plain extension to the socket of the flexi:

John Rumm

Unfortunately not. I've tried all combinations of fittings, and the one I linked to is the only one that comes close to what I require. A normal 90 degree would fit fine, if, the pan connector bit was around

40-50mm longer. It is just too tight to fit a straight connector into the 90 deg., and I cannot seem to find anything suitable.

I did fit a similar one a few years ago, and used a Roca connector, which would be perfect, except no-one seems to do them any more.

Oh well, maybe time to hack one up in the garage.

Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

If it's only a bit short, a McAlpine WC-CON8E might work. It's 40mm longer = on the inlet than their standard 90 degree, and was just long enough for a = similar problem I had. Other options are a pair of 45 degree bends (WC-CON1=

6), or a swan neck connector plus a straight extension. A
Reply to
andrew

Yes, thanks, thats the best yet, I've just measured one of the 4 I have here, and that one is 10mm longer at the pan end, so may be worthwhile trying it.

Reply to
A.Lee