Pan connector

I'm lining up my ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which is a job I've never carried out before.

The existing pan connector which is now connected to the toilet, is this something that will come off ok and can be reused? Or should I just get a new connector for the new toilet?

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom Pickles

Only in England do they use pans beneath their toilets. (I hope they wash 'em afterward.)

Reply to
Dark Shadow

Yes, get a new connector. The rubber seal goes hard with age, and forms to the shape of the old pan, so in most cases it will not seal correctly with a new pan. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

"Tom Pickles" wrote in news:evIWo.15783$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com:

For the sake of a couple of pounds and a load of grief from the old connector a new one is a must.

Heliotrope Smith

Check what is available - I bought one and when I got it home I realised I needed a "Compact" one - a bit like a gooseneck.

Reply to
John

I would suggest buying a new one, but finding one the right size may be more of a challenge.

See

Michael Chare

ducks to swap the toilet and basin in our en-suite which

Most DIY sheds will give refunds fopr unused stuff. Just buy a selection of likely sizes, lengths and types and take back what you don't use. That's what I did.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Most DIY sheds will give refunds fopr unused stuff. Just buy a selection of likely sizes, lengths and types and take back what you don't use. That's what I did.

MBQ

I like the feature on these - no nasty trap for you know what:

John