Electrical socket from light switch for cctv.

They don't prevent (direct) fires, so what the heck!

Reply to
Adam Funk

Do I win £5?

Reply to
ARW

Learn the Highway Code:

You are a thoughtless, dangerous fool ...

small space when going forwards.

Learn to reverse properly.

you hold them up.

Just as you will when you reverse out of it, but in this case you can make the manouvre safer by winding down the window and giving a hand-signal, whereas all you can do reversing out is pray and take pot luck.

reverse, again not holding anyone up.

When reversing out, you the driver are further from the road as your vehicle begins to protrude into it, with your view generally still blocked by gateposts, trees, etc, and therefore you cannot see so far in either direction to check that the road is sufficiently clear for the manouvre you are undertaking.

Also, if a gap in the traffic is small, you won't have time to reverse out, stop, and reach sufficient speed moving forwards to merge in with the flow of traffic with minimal disruption to it.

It is a well known fact that you are more likely to cause an accident reversing out, hence the Highway Code reading as it does.

I REPEAT, I'VE KNOWN OF PEOPLE BEING KILLED BY PILLOCKS LIKE YOU REVERSING OUT INTO THE ROAD.

It's an accident waiting to happen.

cars behind them to backup and leave room for him to reverse back, after he's gone past the space. These twits can be taught a lesson by the car behind simply driving forwards into the space they were going to reverse into.

Cue the well-worn story about the Mini and the Rolls Royce.

away with it then? I mean it's my fault for bypassing a safety feature......

Fault is not something that is necessarily entirely on one side or the other. More often than not it is shared.

In this case it would be both your faults, yours for not wearing a belt, his for driving into you, UNLESS you were reversing out of your drive at the time, in which case the fault would be WHOLLY yours.

earth gets disconnected. So you're trying to blame one thing for another thing happening later. That's like saying it's my fault for parking my car on a double yellow line because then the guy doing 150mph through the built up area wouldn't have hit it.

Reply to
Java Jive

No, but I had a car which would have passed had it not had ABS. For som= e reason the DVLA think a car with broken ABS is more dangerous than a c= ar without it.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Don't forget he supposedly has a 'university' education, but the subject he allegedly studied didn't need to consider earthing, ever. Not even ground bounce.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Let Scotty win the argument.

ARW

Regardless of the logic, I would have expected that doing something like that would be illegal. Both in terms of obtaining the MoT. And in not informing your insurer that you have made a change from the manufacturer's spec. without informing them - which could end up causing your insurance to be revoked/withdrawn and therefore yet more illegality wrt to vehicle on road without insurance, etc.

Reply to
polygonum

Knobhead.

Reply to
ARW

You quoted that "volts jolts, mills kills" bullshit which is entirely incomplete.

Yes I would be very likely to jab electrodes right next to my heart.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

'll be why you're thick then, because you're too much of a pussy to get a shock.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Big fat gravity distorting bastard is he?

Reply to
geoff

It had plenty engineering lessons, which included power distribution.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

"The bulb must have gone".

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

With more drastic consequences. Which part of that don't you understand?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Getting rumbled was NOT my point. Things can be (and often are) illegal regardless of whether there is any real likelihood of being found out.

Reply to
polygonum

It is statistically proven that most people called Geoff are clinically obese.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

I can't argue with that

Reply to
geoff

It's only illegal if you're caught, otherwise it's irrelevant.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

No, I suggested 240V across you...

In fact, got try it now.

Reply to
John Rumm

We was talking about a loose earth and me conducting power to a small load.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott