Electric cars still a bit shite

Why don't you add male to hedge your bets?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mr Firth, of course, is being his usual slippery self.

The snag with the figure you've given is you'd need to define London. And commuter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've probably driven more of them than you.

Then they must be senile. Put them in a Dacia Sandero and see their eyes light up at the outstanding performance, economy, convenience, space, comfort and stunning good looks.

If electric was so good they'd be queuing down the road at the dealerships. They aren't, and never will be until massive advancements are made in storage.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Yes all those Romans, Anglo Saxons and Viikings. Deport them all.

Reply to
The Other Mike

F*ck me I must be nuclear waste then.

Reply to
The Other Mike

We need Heinlein's Shipstone storage battery. I believe it contains unobtanium.

Reply to
John Williamson

Most of them live outside London and drive to a nearby location to work. No mention was made of driving into London to work.

Reply to
John Williamson

You are. At least any elements in your body further up the periodic table than iron will only exist by having been made in a supernova explosion.

Reply to
Tim Streater

One recent definition of London I have seen is anything south and east of a line drawn from the Wash to the Severn Estuary.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

So you'd include Bristol in London, then?

One that I often use is "Inside the M25".

Reply to
John Williamson

but to quote Flanders & Swann regarding the London Borough reorganisation of th '70s: You put all the boroughs south of the Thames together and call them "Brighton".

Reply to
charles

Fuck to that, and you can tell 'em I said so.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Bristol and Brighton are London. Bristolians even have that funny cockernee accent.

Well that's the worst bit.

Reply to
Steve Firth
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Blame the Great Western Railway for that.

Valid for certain definitions of London. The one I quoted claimed that anywhere in that area was sufficiently close to London in travel time to be considered as part of its commuter belt.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

that doesnt mean a lot. any fission of thorium will produce some radioactive bits and pieces. The advantage is that mainly they are short lived, useless to terrorists and easily shielded. It doesn't mean there aren't any though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I had a colleague who used to commute to London from Cardiff. But, "anywhere in the area south of a line from the Wash to the Severn estuary"? How about Penzance?

Reply to
charles

I would take south and east (not just south) of the line to exclude the West Country.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Except for them on here who think they're abnormally clever.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Most fusion in stars stops at carbon I think.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher