Electric cars still a bit shite

So are you saying there are no nuclear waste products?

Reply to
harryagain

I cansee you have never driven one. So talking out of your arse. Everybody who has ridden in mine wants one. You realise what s**te the ICE is.

Reply to
harryagain

Club for you to join here.

Or maybe this would be better for you.

harryagain

If the laser generates heat by alpha and beta decay, presumably it acts as an accelerated version of Thorium's natural (1.4 billion year half life) decay and you end up with Lead (probably via 7 years worth of Radium and Radiothorium).

Andy Burns

You really are a bit of a short-sighted idiot, aren't you?

Reply to
Adrian

Its the people they mix (or not) with.

Reply to
dennis

I wonder if we are having quite the same thing?. The way your referring this is it seems a daily problem, is that the case?. Mine is only now and again and rather unpredictable 'tho there are some triggers like heat and dry white wine and eggs have been implicated;!...

Or a combination of them ...

Reply to
tony sayer

Why do Londoners falsely imagine that the majority give a dump in a bucket about them?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I certainly can if you want

There are no nuclear waste products. There does that make you happy? Nuclear waste is after all a term invented by CND and greenpeace, and simply applied to anything that looks at them funny.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

..and a lot of high energy neutrons IIRC that can transmute anything they hit.

But essentially the mass of waste - esp high level waste so called - is vastly reduced.

that's the principle behind most of the proposed waste burners.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'd just like to make the point that any electric car that does not have an alternative means of propulsion once the battery is flat, is particularly stupid and so were the designers. Unless of course it has a range of many hundreds of miles.

Reply to
Matty F

Pot, kettle. HTH.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You really think your particular lifestyle is a reasonable mirror of the majority of UK residents? Or even a sizable proportion?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's a bit extreme. A conventional car can run out of fuel too. And has no alternative means of propulsion. Other than pushing it. The actual range makes no difference to this either - for some a *genuine* range of 50 miles might be plenty - others might need a great deal more.

To expand, a small electric car might only be suitable for city use - so doesn't need a vast range. If it were meant to be a general pupose family car, a different matter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Live outside London, drive to work.

Yes I think that describes a majority of the population.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No it isn't. Most of the UK doesn't commute into London.

Reply to
Fredxx

Where did I say that the drive to work is a drive into London?

Reply to
Steve Firth

and the majority of into-London commuters use the train, anyway.

Reply to
charles

article says no neutron decay.

especially as each car only starts with 8g of Thorium, amazing to get a

200,000 mile 'life' out of it
Reply to
Andy Burns

Because when they look at themselves they think they are normal and everyone else is abnormal.

Reply to
whisky-dave