Electric cars still a bit shite

This tradition was started by the need to bury a body as soon as possible in the Middle East were the ambient temperature is high. At the time there were also no funeral parlours with cool storage facilities. Like many Jewish and Muslim customs the initial reasons were health & hygene related.

Reply to
charles

the two statements are not contradictory.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And Knock International has very limited number of connecting airports

Liar. Happens frequently in Ireland Shows up your ignorance on another topic

John M

Reply to
JTM

It's also the Christian norm in Ireland. Someone dies in the morning, there is a service (the Removal) in the evening and they are buried the next morning. If they die in the afternoon, the Removal is the evening of the next day, the burial is the day after.

The whole system is set up for it. Priests, undertakers, caterers, etc. all ready at very short notice. Deaths are announced on the radio - as announcements in the paper are abviously too slow.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I'm not sure about it needing to be quite so quick but couldn't help notice that the last few UK funerals I've been to have often been two weeks after the death. I know the undertakers now have fridges and embalm but it seems uncomfortably long. My father died on a Sunday and the funeral was the following Friday which seems about right to me.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Good facts misunderstood.

Twice as fast = 4 times the drag = 8 times the power.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Very little hope there. We'd have flown to Belfast or Dublin and hired a car if we could.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW