electric cars

why do they make them look so stupid..... only the original leaf looked good

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

I wouldn't refuse a Mercedes EQS if somebody gave me one.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

I have an original Leaf and my kids laughed at its ugliness the 1st time they saw it. Fortunately it is a company car experiment that is unlikely to be repeated.

Reply to
Grumps

The original leaf did not have ?any battery temperature management to prevent it from overheating.

How many miles does it to a full charge now ?

Reply to
Andrew

It's a 1st gen 2016 30kWh model. Ugly bulging headlights, and ugly arse! When I got it, 2019, it could do about 120 miles. Then its battery capacity fell by 3 bars (it has a max 12 bar reading) so it thought it could only do about 90 miles. 90 is still enough to get to/from work. Then on the last service they replaced some battery related connections and did a software update, and this magically (or fraudulently) restored the range to 11 out of 12 bars. If it went below 9 bars then the warranty would kick in and they'd have to repair/replace. It manages 100 miles now, maybe 110 if I don't let my wife drive it.

Anyway, as stated, it was a company experiment but as the company's landlord has now banned charging cars at work using the granny charger hanging out of a window (even though we pay for leccy), using a low kWh electric car is not as attractive.

Reply to
Grumps

nothing wrong with it the mk2 looked stupid with its trendy floating roof....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

i still think it is the only nice one....so there

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

You are absolutely entitle to your own opinion, even if it's wrong :)

Reply to
Grumps

Do you like the new Duster Jim..? Apparently this new model, can be driven off road.

Reply to
jon

never wrong

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

yes it is much improved but i wouldn't buy on unless it had ABS TPMS

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Am 06/03/2023 um 12:15 schrieb jim.gm4dhj:

They do that for us so we don't buy them. Leccy cars are, in the long run, more polluting than combustion engine cars. They are a scam.

What the world needs really is an advanced pedalo but for the road.

You want man-made kinetic energy without electricity or other energy. This has been done already, in Italy. You're welcome.

Ottavio Caruso

Everybody should keep chickens.

Chris Hogg

like Boris ?

Reply to
Andrew

An opinion is just that so can never be wrong. We can disagree with the opinions of others but they are entitled to hold them nevertheless.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Are all Italian roads circular? I mean, I know you don't bother with pedals in cars (well, except for export models) with power and brakes being controlled by a switch on the dash - switch down for 100% engine power, switch up for instant maximum braking. At least, that was my experience in Rome and Naples, and also with traffic lights in Naples being merely advisory.

Reply to
Tim Streater

An opinion is only sustainable until it's undeniably proved to be factually wrong. Thereafter, it's simply a deliberate lie.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Have you ordered an electric Mustang yet?

Reply to
Max Demian

jim.gm4dhj snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote

Because they can. stupid.

The back should be much squarer for more internal room.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Colin Bignell snipped-for-privacy@bignellremovethis.me.uk> wrote

I would, the sedan format is stupid now.

Reply to
Rod Speed