drained and vented wooden window frames

Evening all, Can anyone suggest sources, proffer links to info about "drained and vented double glazed windows". I installed some (Jeld wen I think) a few years back and they were a bit ugly from the outside (big hockey stick beads to handle the vent and drain aspect).

I plan to replace more soon and so I'm hoping that some brighter spark has designed a less obtrusive way of allowing the necessary ventilation whilst keeping the appearance more pleasing to the eye...

I'm thinking hardwood -anyone bought any good ones ? or maybe made any good ones !? that they can comment on?

thanks in advance

Jim

Reply to
jim