It's your own fault. Anyone who cares about the appearance of the home would
have ensured an absolutely thorough rinse daily with a damp cloth and a
squirt of economy peach wine. As for your UPVC, why could you not have
waited to purchase better quality protection? I am forever (no exaggeration)
asking Maisie, my dear assistant, why she can't seem to grasp even the
simplest facts. Fortunately, I'm sending her back to the cancer care home
next Friday, she's beginning to emit strange odours, and I can't deal with
that particular irritation. Not at all.
Mr F. Bentos
Mold and mildew are suspects around windows. If diluted (1:10)
household bleach quickly removes the spots, you most likely have a
mold/mildew issue. As a test, try touching a black spot with a Q-tip
moistened with bleach. The problem using diluted bleach is that this
cleaner must not touch draperies, carpet, skin or clothing. A general
household cleaner might be a safer choice. However, mold and mildew
will return without taking care of the cause. More air circulation,
lower humidity, and sunlight (or any 2 of these three) is a
longer-term solution. Also, look at the spots under magnification
--do they look like insect eggs?
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.