UPVC Window frames

I have some UPVC window frames (Bay window), and the previous owner has put nice roman blinds on them. I want to keep the blinds, but the sticky pad that the strings tie too keeps coming off. Can I *safely* drill 2 small holes and install a hook held on more firmly with two screws ? do i need special screws, or is there an alternative option?

Also, I have a metal front door (at least, that's what it feels like) and frame. I want to fit a door chain - again, that needs drilling, and I've never drilled into metal... any special screws/considerations I should consider ?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Cornish

I would fashion a hook from an offcut of small PVC pipe, and solvent weld this to the frame.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Ian Cornish"

Reply to
Steve Walker

low-temp*, hot-melt (IYSWIM) glue works great - we were also fed up with the sticky pads repeatedly falling off ;) Haven't tried removing them though, so don't know whether the glue has damaged the surface of the plastic frame.

*Too hot will obviously melt the plastic though...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

That's the way that the manufacturers screw on the handles, hinges etc; with just normal screws AFAICS

David

Reply to
Lobster