Do it Yourself NOW

If a job needs doing and I can't think of a really good reason to postpone it, I have to do it straight away. This morning I emptied the dishwasher and tidied the kitchen before I got dressed. The other day when the sun was shining I mucked out the hens immediately it crossed my mind that it was about time I should do it, when I really didn't feel like it.

I sometimes do jobs when it isn't convenient or even sensible. Is it just me?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Err, putting things in the dishwasher is just a 'postponement' surely?

Reply to
Andrew

I would, but I think the neighbours would object to 3am demolition works.

Wouldn't it be useful if dishwashers had two separate compartments, then one could be dirty when the other was clean. No need to empty the dishwasher of the cleans before filling with the dirties.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I was on about taking them out. I hate doing it because it takes six minutes. I don't mind putting them in because I do a few at a time. Because I hate taking them out I have to do it immediately. It's jobs I hate that I feel compelled to do immediately.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

When my son and his wife remodeled their kitchen, they installed two dishwashers...

Reply to
S Viemeister

I always wanted that. Well, if there weren't room for 4.

At my age though I'd want magnetic "clean" and "dirty" signs.

Reply to
Robin

My dream house would have dishwashers instead of cupboards. Never need to empty them at all, always clean...

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Was he 'IMM' who used to post here ? (two combi's)

Reply to
Andrew

That the worst of being on your own. You can?t play ?dishwasher chicken? hoping that your partner will ?crack? first and empty the dishwasher.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

They do.

Silly money but we had one when we were having a major extension done that involved the kitchen and ?lost? the cost (or at least stressing about the cost) in the overall bill.

Been running faultlessly for 12 years now. Admittedly you could buy two full sized machines for a lot less but it?s a neat solution for those who want the functionality of two dishwashers but don?t need the capacity of two full sized dishwashers.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I thought of that but decided I could not afford two wives.

Reply to
ARW

Well dash it, there goes my idea for Dragons' Den.

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Are children cheaper?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Why is a single person using a dishwasher ?.

Reply to
Andrew

williamwright laid this down on his screen :

Nope, I am the same.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

When I mentioned to my uncle, that my son had installed two dishwashers, he (uncle) pointed out that would mean less cupboard space would be needed, thus saving money on cabinetry.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yes and if I leave it for weeks and weeks a daughter will do it but I run out of pots.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Why not? I fill it every two days, and it's a big one.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Yes they did.