Intermittent gas pressure on cooker hob

The flame on the hob goes up and down but still burns blue, can go out if we need a low setting if simmering. I have cleaned everything I can with no John to rectifying the problem.

I have just turned off the gas boiler that gives us heating and hot water to see whether it made a difference, which it did, then surely there most be something external that is affecting the gas pressure within the property. There has been gas engineers in our location for weeks too. Has anyone got further advice to this problem or possible causes please?

Reply to
Paul

It may be the governor at the meter has become faulty. You need to call Gas Emergency on 0800 111 999

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

Is this new behaviour, or has it always been like it?

It sounds like there are one of three likely causes:

If its always been like that, then the pipework may be of inadequate size for the gas rate it needs to supply.

If it's a new thing, then either a failing main governor valve, or the supply to the property itself is substandard.

You could test it with a U tube manometer connected to the test nipple on the meter. With gas being consumed, it should indicate 21 mBar. (it will rise a bit above that when no gas is being drawn), however calling the gas emergency line would be a resonable way to sort it out if its anything other than a inadequate pipework problem.

(and this is a serious fault that should be treated as an emergency)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for the advice

Reply to
Paul

It’s a new problem. Thanks for the advice

Reply to
Paul