Dishwasher Problem

Dear board,

I own a Zanussi DCS14S Compact (Table top)dishwasher, and like all appliances it has broken down after the warranty period!

My problem is it thinks there is water still in the machine and continues to try an empty itself. I cannot start a new wash program

as it thinks it has still to compete the last one.

I have chucked a pint of water in it to try and see if this cures the problem, but all it did was suck this out and then

want some more!!!!!!!!!

A quick look around the machine and everything appears OK

Please help

Thanks in advance

Reply to
john Smith

If there is one, it is possibly the interlock sensor for the door. I had something like this on a Zanussi washing machine.

Reply to
Mike

Debris in the fill level pressure switch system. It means taking the casing off the machine and looking for a thin rubber hose connected to a little plastic bottle shaped container fitted near the bottom of the inner tub lining. The rubber hose and bottle will probably be filled with muck and soap residue and needs cleaned out.

Pouring a kettle full of boiling water in the machine and leave it lying with the door closed for a while may help to clean it out, but more likely it needs physically cleaned in the sink before putting it all back together. Don't touch the electrical switching end of the rubber hose, just remove the hose and bottle assembly, and pour boiling water through them, or steep them in a sink full of boiling water and blow through them to make sure they're properly clean and clear.

Reply to
BigWallop

Having just fixed the very same problem on a full size Indersit I concur. I didn't do the whole proper clean though - I should have done, but oh well. I just took the tube off the switch and blew through it into the sump which then had bits of scunge and cat food in.

After having no dishwasher for two weeks my wife is promising to make sure she doesn't put bowls with dried catfood in the washer again :-)

Sam

Reply to
Sam

We never put cat feeding bowls or dishes in our dishwasher anyway. Just doesn't seem, well.. hygienic somehow. Ewww ;)

We are also some of those strange people who rinse/scape the food off plates and dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Probably explains why we have never needed to clean either of the filters since we've had it... :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

This is flood protection there will be a leak inside and water in its base.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Thanks........... I think

I took the cover off the machine and found a little container at the bottom with a thin pipe going up to some electronics.

I took the pipe off the container, blew it and heard the micro-switch so new there was no blockage there.

I then checked the little container and there was no blockage there. I got a small length of hose and blew into the machine.

Still no blockage............

I put it all back togethor again, and then poured a full kettle of boiling water into the machine, still nothing.

However the machine has now started to work again.

But knowing S*ds law it will be broke again by the time I fininish this.................

Reply to
john Smith

:-) LOL You may be right. But if the machine is now working, it must have been blocked somewhere on the water level detector, it's just not been as noticeable as you might have thought.

All fingers crossed for you. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop