Dishwasher problem

I have a Zanussi DCS-14W dishwasher (compact model) - every so often the dishwasher will become 'stuck' while operating, it seems to get to a random point in the early wash cycle then all it does is constantly pump in and out a small amount of water.

I've found that by turning it on its side (or upside down) while switched off usually fixes the problem, although sometimes it can be 'fixed' if slightly tipped to one side while 'stuck' - it then stops the pump/wash cycle for a second or two, the dial on the front clicks around a bit (as it should) then it continues and all is well.

What is causing this? Some blockage somewhere?

What can I do to fix it more permanently? I'd rather not spend a fortune on an engineer (or a new dishwasher for that matter)?

Thanks

Reply to
phil