Dishwasher water level problem

Hi,

I've got a Defy Dishmaid Dishwasher. It has recently stopped filling up sufficiently with water. The water level barely reaches the base of the element, let alone covers it. I've checked in the inlet hose and there's no blockage there and I can't find any blockages anywhere else. Could anyone give some advice on what could be causing the water level to only reach a low level and then stop, and/or how to fix it?

Regards, Benjamin Gardiner snipped-for-privacy@intekom.co.za

Reply to
ZestComputers

Hi,

I've got a D.e.f.y Dishmaid Dishwasher. It has recently stopped filling up sufficiently with water. The water level barely reaches the base of the element, let alone covers it. I've checked in the inlet hose and there's no blockage there and I can't find any blockages anywhere else. Could anyone give some advice on what could be causing the water level to only reach a low level and then stop, and/or how to fix it?

Regards, Benjamin Gardiner snipped-for-privacy@intekom.co.za

Reply to
ZestComputers

There's probably a float valve which is stuck in the down position. Just a guess.

Reply to
mkochsch

Where would I find the float valve? And what would it look like?

-- Benjamin Gardiner snipped-for-privacy@intekom.co.za

Reply to
ZestComputers

Most dishwashers fill by a time method, they open the water valve for a set length of time. If the water pressure isn't strong enough (linked hose, plugged hose filter screens, etc.), it won't be able to fill to the proper level. It is also possible for a water fill valve to operate for a short time and then cut off prematurely once it warms up from use.

You can read more about the water valves used on appliances at the following link:

BTW. You're sure it isn't filling enough? I'm not familiar with your band but I don't recall ever seeing a dishwasher which totally submerged its heating element (during normal operation).

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

generally they look like a small can in one of the corners of the DW. It lifts off and the switch is underneath. If it is floating free, then the switch itself may be bad. Also check for a "light load" setting of some sort that got turned on in error. My DW has one, but I don't know that it reduces the water level, rather it only shortens the wash cycle. Your's may be different.

Reply to
mwlogs