Standing Water Inside Whirpool Duet Washer

I'm finding this one confusing, My wife occasionally finds water inside the Whirpool Duet front loading washer when it's not being used.

I thought maybe she left the wall outlet left on and the water enter through a defective inlet valve. But my wife insists that she turns off both the hot and cold water valves when the laundry is done.

The cold water valve does leak slightly even when turned off. Could enough water leak slowly to begin filling the washer or should I be looking at something else that's causing this.

Thanks

Reply to
odibratto

Your washer has its own internal valves and pumps - a leaky faucet wouldn't fill it up unless the valves inside the washer were broken - and even then the leak from the faucet wouldn't produce enough pressure to fill it up - unless you only use your washer on a month basis or something.

I would suggest that the Duet isn't fully removing water from the previous load. Front loading washing machines have issues that top loaders don't - removing all the water seems to be one of them. My own recommends running a cycle of bleach every month to combat mold and mildew.

Reply to
Eigenvector

Are you getting a "SUD" indication occasionally? Perhaps an "F02" code? Check your drain pipe for obstruction or proper routing. Finally, remove the front bottom panel (three screws on the bottom) and check the drain pump filter for foreign objects (I found two baby wash cloths in mine).

Reply to
Grandpa

Wow. She's better than I am.

Do you mean the valve that is part of the pipe, or the valve that is in the washing machine?

Even a small leak could fill a washing machine in not very long.

You can test many things yourself.

If the valve you say is leaking is the one that is part of the pipe, the one your wife turns off, the way to tell how much it is leaking is to run the machine without turning that valve on. Run it with Cold Water Wash and the cold WM valve will turn on and you can see how much water comes into the machine. Try it with Hot water wash instead, and the hot water pipe valve off.

You can also test if the machine is not emptying completely at the end of the cycle, by looking inside at the end of the cycle. Could it take time for water to drip down? I don't know, but look 10 minutes later also.

Reply to
mm

Reply to
sotto

Reply to
sotto

Thanks for the two great suggestions for troubleshooting the problem. It's the cold water valve on the wall that leak's slightly. I'm going to try both your suggestions to see if I can narrow down the cause.

Reply to
sotto