HELP!!!! Paint on leather sofa

Hi,

As subject. Anyone got any ideas to get white undercoat off a navy blue leather sofa.

Its now dried - found it when I got home - looks like my mate has accidentally caught it with the brush.

I've tried rubbing with a damp cloth, but it doesnt seem to have had any effect.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Fr Jack

White spirit will probably take the paint off, but may also lighten the dye in the leather. Can you try a test wipe on an inconspicuous piece at the back?

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

A slightly "rougher" damp cloth perhaps... tea towel material may be slightly coarser than what you`ve already tried - nothing lost, and it shouldn`t affect the dye afaik, as you`ll only be using water on it.

I can tell the difference between materials when I use a certain type of wax/t-cut polish on my car - one makes light work of removing marks, the other takes a but more effort and rubbing...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I've found baby wipes excellent for getting all sorts of things off leather sofas. And since they are meant to be used on skin, they aren't going to damage it.

Reply to
Nick Atty

One of those micro-fibre cleaning cloths may work.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Fairy Liquid and water 1-1 and patience, keep it damp,,, should do th

trick

Al Reynolds Wrote:

-- Andy-

Reply to
Andy-

Ah - but do they remove paint from babies !! Have you tested ? Regards Pete

Peter Stockdale

Have you tried picking it off with your fingernails?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Smear with Bovril and let the dog lick at it.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Yes, and yes.

Considering the amount of decorating that is going on here, and the age of the two children, things have been a lot less messy than they might have been.

Reply to
Nick Atty

Glycerene!

And patience!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Or if impatient........nitro-glycerine ;-)

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

Our two-year old little guy went to town on our tan leather sofa with black sharpie marker. I caught it pretty fast and used a baby wipe t clean it. It took off most of the marks. The marks that are left ar pretty light and not noticable (at least when you are sitting on th sofa)

-- makesawdust

Reply to
makesawdust

Ordinary washing up liquid, hot water and a firm sponge should take most marks out of leather. It's even better if the leather has been waxed, after manufacture of the furniture, to give it a good shine for the customer.

We never take the stretch covers off ours until visitors arrive. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop