Smeg distribution problems

This is vaguely relevant to this ng...

It would appear that the company used by Smeg for distribution have just gone into liquidation, and Smeg are therefore unable to deliver anything at the moment. Or at least, unable to deliver a replacement cooker for the one they sent me last week which appears to have falled off the back of a lorry at some point. Just a point to bear in mind if you are ordering any new appliances!

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 20:58:50 GMT, Ben Blaukopf strung together this:

Well, you get what you pay for. If you'd have ordered something decent to start with you'd be more likely to get what you expect.

Reply to
Lurch

Bought an Oven from Smeg, cost about £550.00 The heat graduations / control markings are silk screen printed on and soon came off . I insisted that only mild washing up solution was used to clean the product and that the method they used to apply the markings was not satisfactory They couldn't have cared less. Also watch out for the grill, using it you must pull out the overhead tray first or your inner controls will go wonky (ISTR it cost £82.00 to rectify) this means you have to have your oven door open while grilling. Smeg products are nice looking, but not well thought out / manufactured. Also their customer service is terrible. I will never buy a Smeg product again Steve

Reply to
MrBlueSkye

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:31:23 -0000, "MrBlueSkye" strung together this:

A few grill\ovens have this. It's to prevent the heat distorting the outer controls, if you have the door shut how can it cause damage, you use the oven with the door shut.

Reply to
Lurch