low voltage light fitting

I have fitted a 3 lamp fitting, which should take 3 x 50w 12v halogen bulbs, but only two will light=up and with three bulbs in place none will light at all can anyone help?

Reply to
sid

Derek Doormer

On 13 Dec 2004 10:43:33 -0800, "sid" strung together this:

Sounds like a knackered transformer.

Reply to
Lurch

Or a somewhat clever transformer that closes itself down when overloaded maybe. To the OP - what is the rating of the transformer? (just tell us what's written on it if it doesn't make much sense to you)

Reply to
usenet

Some older 'proper' transformers have internal fuses on the output.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:03:52 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)" strung together this:

Which would blow once and then never work again. Could be a auto-resetting thermal cutout I suppose.

Reply to
Lurch

Yes, but fuses don't normally reset themselves as this one seems to be doing.

Reply to
usenet

Troo. ;-)

Reply to