Blomberg / Beco Slimline Integrated Dishwasher Problem

Hi So my daughter has one of these dishwashers and must be 10-12 years old. It is stuck in a mode where it continually tries to drain water and will not run any program. If you put some water in the bottom it'll suck it out OK but the pump doesn't stop running. Even when it thinks a program is finished, which can only be achieved by pressing the cancel button, the pump continues to run. She hadn't used the dishwasher for a couple of months. It worked fine before. Anybody know of a sensor that detects the presence of water?

Reply to
Grumps

possibly a float switch which has become stuck . Hard water area?

Reply to
charles

Sometimes a sensitive diaphragm air pressure, at the top of the machine, with a pipe down to bottom of machine. Water rising up the pipe, triggers the diaphragm and switch. The pipes sometimes become choked with debris, holding in the slight air pressure, so pump runs trying to pump the water out.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

If you've got 10 years out of a Beko DW you've been lucky

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim...

Yes often detach and shove something up it to clean it. I was going to say this as a similar silly device had us confused in a carpet vacuum that did not know the tank was empty and was cleaning dry. Of course float switches should not get stuck if the device was not put away with water in its tray. I constantly here of problems with dishwashers, and have never even considered buy one myself. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Also if the filter is blocked it can cause water to spill out where it shouldn't and trip the aquastop. Even tiny amounts of water in the undertray can activate the aquastop.

Clean the filter, run some hot water through it (it will frantically try to pump it out). Leave it open and with the plinth off for a couple of days to dry out and then see if the problem is still there.

Theo

Reply to
Theo