Re: TOT Live Football

No World Cup, no Olympics, no World Series, no NBA Finals, no Super Bowl, no Aussie Open, no Wimbledon, no Strike Derby, no Champions League, no Bundesliga, no La Liga, no X Games, no Indy 500, no 24-hour Le Mans, no Daytona 500, no Cricket, no Rugby, no nuthin?

Reply to
David P

I am sure the internet has something to offer.

Reply to
ARW
<snip>

Nope.

Not sure why you quoted 3 of the least viewable car races?

If it happens to come on and I cba to turn it over, some of the single class racing can be reasonably entertaining, along with the touring cars, mostly because the races are sort (to match the attention I can gather for such things).

And absolutely not those, no.

See, I think you are either a watcher or a doer when it comes to sport. I like cycling, I like walking, I like motorcycling, I like canoeing, rowing and sailing but that's because I like *doing* them, I don't watch others doing them (unless I happened to be there doing it myself etc).

And the same applies to most of my mates (and they are my mates because we share common interests / ideals etc). In fact, the only person I know who is really into football in my extended family is the on the Mrs side.

I've been to Santa pod to watch the dragsters, Brands to watch the superbikes, Silverstone to watch the touring cars and I've even driven round Brands on a supercar day (I wanted to go round in a service vehicle to see the track but couldn't, so took an RS2000 round instead as the next best thing) but would only want to go to any of those things once.

I raced the electric motorbike I designed and built for a season because I designed and built it and that was part of it. Even though I took part for a season (and even won one event), I didn't go and watch the next season.

So, what is it that draws people in to watch sport or follow a team?

Do you actually think that the 'World No1 <activity>' is actually that, or just the best of all those who have an interest and the opportunity to turn up?

Why do you support the team / side you do? I get if it's is (or was) your home football team or they were 'The Champions' when you first started watching or even your family / Dad / brother / sister supported them, but what if it's none of those things (and assuming you actually follow them closely, watch most the games on TV or in person etc).

I have been known to watch 'The highlights' of something (even a footballs match, Rally or even golf) when they condense the full tedious duration into the few good / interesting bits. ;-)

I don't mean by that I've tuned into it especially, just that it came on like that and I didn't turn it over. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

there's plenty of virtual sports

some of them have even made their way to the main TV channels

Reply to
tim...

I assure you that it's perfectly possible to be neither.

Reply to
Bert Coules

An ignorer.

I have to say that's what I am mostly

Rugby, cricket, motor racing, and occasionally golf and snooker, because the green is restful.

The rest is duller than watching dried paint dry some more.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What are doing here then? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

you watch cricket, motor racing, golf and snooker and think the rest is dull

Jeeze

Reply to
tim...

I play in the Men's Senior Baseball League, Central North Carolina, cncmsbl.com, over 50 division. I'm also in a bowling league, altho we're shut down now. We found a middle school field for baseball, only one,...the counties won't open the high school fields. Played

3 games already in the last month.

I do watch Premier League often, somehow got hooked on Man U. Caught the end of Wayne Rooney's career. The games weren't on American TV until about 5 years ago. I'll watch some baseball, football, golf, tennis, hoops, even hockey, but usually don't park my rear end and see the whole thing. Just bits & pieces, and the ESPN highlight shows.

Reply to
David P