Nasty no trespassing signs

Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are getting prowlers and burglaries during the daytime at very rural properties.

I hope word has gotten out that I'm a crazy ole man who shoots real bullets, but I had a daytime prowler last Saturday.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

make some of your own.

tresspaers will be shot.

be creative and have fun:)

put up some dummy security cameras, with warning signs this area monitored by video.

noisey dogs help a lot.

dog warning signs help discourage prowlers

Reply to
hallerb

Saw a sign that read " I STAY UP THREE NIGHTS A WEEK WITH A 12 GUAGE SHOTGUN GUARDING MY PROPERTY...YOU GUESS THE NIGHT!" thought that was entertaining and to the point... Jim

Reply to
Jim

My fav was "Beware! Wild Apaganthas!"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

how about the classic.. No trespassing..trespassers will be shot, survivors will be shot twice

EJ in NJ

Reply to
EJ Willson

How about "Muted Rottweilers"

Reply to
Frank Furter

I don't know, but in NYC I used to see "Don't even think of parking here."

That's probably not nasty enough.

Reply to
mm

How about "Private Property. Trespassers will be violated."

Reply to
mm

One my grandfathers farm it was "trespassers will be shot". And to deepen his message he always fired a load of buckshot through the sign with the 12 guage.

Reply to
jim

You can have your own printed up pretty cheaply these days. Get creative. My favorite was a little note on the front door of a camp in the boonies of Schoharie Co, NY in 1973 or so.

"The good folk of Schoharie County cleaned me out in 1968, so you'll find little of value in this trailer. There are no guns, no liquor, no TV & no cash. The only thing of value in this trailer is my size

54 Trench coat hanging in the hall closet. If I find you in my trench coat, I'll bury you in it."

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

LOL

Reply to
LouB

"> Where can I find some to the point nasty no trespassing signs? We are

*What makes you think that these people who break into homes can read? Many years ago when I was working on a house in an exclusive area of Los Angeles I noticed every day that one home always had a police car parked in its driveway in the same spot. It took me a few weeks to realize that it was just a scarecrow.
Reply to
John Grabowski

The problem (rare) with witty signs is that they may come back to bite you, especially when viewed in a different context (such as your trial for manslaughter).

Prosecution: "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have seen ample evidence of premeditation on the part of the defendant. He freely admits to erecting signs on his property 'Warning, trespassers will be shot!' He then hid, like a spider, biding his time, until a child or fireman or innocent traveler entered his property so he could kill them with assumed impunity... You need to send a message to the would-be vigilantes in our community that taking the law into their own hands will not be tolerated!..."

Perhaps a better sign would simply be a recitation of the 'Castle Doctrine' law - sometimes known as the 'Make My Day' law - in your jurisdiction (if you have such a law):

"Warning! State law allows the owner of this property to presume harmful intent on the part of intruders. Such threats may be met, under law, by the use of deadly force. Any resulting death will automatically be ruled a 'Justifiable Homicide.' "

Reply to
HeyBub

Hmm, sign with "mind the big pit full of spikes" printed in tiny letters

- and in front of it, a big covered pit full of spikes?

Heard several tales from neighbors that the old dear who used to own our place would to come out onto the porch and shoot at approaching salesmen - although I don't think she wasted her time with actually warning them first...

Reply to
Jules

Hmm, "trespassers will be towed"

Reply to
Jules

I had a friend in Hawaii who had a vacation place on another island. Prominent on the vacation place porch was a hefty chain with a broken dog collar. Next to it was a *large* dog bowl with tne name "FANG" on it. Cute :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Just impale them on a pike and display'em out front. Should discourage others.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Get a real security system. They come with a real sign. By your description of the problem it is for real. Protect yourself the right way, the real way.

Thomas.

Reply to
Thomas

Some years ago in East Hampton the cops left a cop car parked on the side of a back road which was a favorite quick way into town and the cops wanted to make the people slow down. An empty car can be seen from some distance, so they left a dummy in a uniform in the driver's seat so people would be extry afeared.

Then one day the dummy was stolen! I still laugh when I think about it.

RicodJour

Houston has some very literate bad guys. Your schools must be much better than Dallas's. --- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson