Bosch dishwasher fault

I know its not exactly diy but it will be if i fix it, I have a BOSCH dishwasher that is stuck on the "pump out water mode" of the program, its a solid state programmer. Are there any sensors on a dishwasher to tell the programmer when the water has gone, or is it timed.

Thanks Richard.

Reply to
Richard Grounddiver

It will have leaked water into the base and operated the anti-flood switch

Reply to
powerstation

Do you have a model number (try the label on the rim of the door) - exploded diagrams are available on the web.

The Logixx Bosch I have does have a sensor. I suspect most do.

Is it:

a) Full of crap water and not pumping; b) Full of crap water and pumping; c) Totally empty, except for a little water in the bottom of the well and pumping/not pumping?

If the the pump is trying to run but sounds stuck, you can check the impeller blades on some Bosch's by taking off the seive plate, remove the filter element and, if you bail out enough water, there's a little torx screw that holds a bit of plastic in right by the pump inlet (middle left in the well on mine).

Remove the screw, taking care not to drop it in the scungy water, then ping out the 2x1" bit of plastic - you can now see the blades and remove anything stuck.

If pump is not running, then that's another problem (like the pump or the sensor or wiring or controller).

Mine got blocked with grease (hadn't had it long, gave it too much to do from a Sunday roast). It certainly knew it wasn't emptying.

I cleared mine by lowering the drain pipe into a bucket, keeping the whole length of pipe as close to the floor as possible.

Then I added very hot water from kettle right into the well (not too hot or you might damage somethign, 60-70C is about right). After bailing out and repeating, letting the machine have a go at pumping each time, eventually the heat melted the fat and I got a bucket full of crap. Gave it an empty wash on max temp with dishwasher powder, then again with dishwasher cleaner and it was fine afterwards.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Correct, water had indeed leaked into the base, operating a safety float which overides the program and permanently operates the drain pump. A leak had occured at the mains water inlet valve, this collects in the base tray this lifts a polystyrene float operating a micro switch, the biggest problem was getting the left side panel off, I managed with brute force, does anyone know the correct procedure for removing the side panels on a Bosch machine its a SCH model.

Reply to
Richard Grounddiver