drilling tiles and brackets ?

how or what do I use to drill a 20mm (ish) hole in a ceramic wall tile prior to fixing to the wall, it has to slot over 15mm pipe

and, where can I get chrome brackets to support a wall mounted wash basin, sort of for extra support from underneath and as a towel rail I've seen them in a bathroom showroom somewhere but can't remember where /c;

thanks for any help

Reply to
SoWeezy

something similar to this (without the front towel rail)...

SoWeezy

I am presuming the pipe is sticking out from the wall and you can place the cut tile over it. If so mark the hole on the tile and drill it's centre with either a tile drill bit

or a masonary drill bit (no hammer!) and then using a tile saw
make it the correct size.

Don't know

You're welcome and I hope I have.

John

Reply to
John

I bought an adjustable tile cutter from Topps tiles. It's like the old tank cutters: central bit, adjustable arm. It's been an excellent tool.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

bathstore.com Savoy Edwardian washbasin has such a fitting in the flyer that came with the weekend's paper - haven't checked online and don't know if it's available separately.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

thanks all !!

Reply to
SoWeezy

There's also a curved wire towel-rail to fit round a basin pedestal (although it doesn't provide any support) in the Argos cat.

Owain

Reply to
Owain