Wanted - short towel rail

I need a short towel rail which will extend perpendicularly about 9 inches from the wall. I want the towel to act as a screen to the u-bend trap under the wash basin (when viewed from the side). As yet I haven't found anything suitable. I want a simple chrome design. I am beginning to think I may have to make something up.

Any ideas on sources?

Regards

John Plant

Reply to
DerbyBoy

DerbyBoy :

Google "shopfittings", e.g.

Mike Barnes

If all else fails, shower riser rail of suitable design (stand-off from wall; brackets not ugly etc.) and cut it down to length. I used 2 (1 needed spacing from the wall), not cut down, until Aldi had the stainless steel ones in again - but Aldi's are very long!

Reply to
PeterC

Is it posible to use a chromed grab rail for something like this?

NT

Reply to
Tabby

DerbyBoy :

Google "shopfittings", e.g.

DerbyBoy

Is it posible to use a chromed grab rail for something like this?

NT

To clarify - the rail needs to be horizontal and about 9 inches long. The towel will then hang down and hide some plumbing.

Reply to
DerbyBoy

a grab rail certainly fits that. Perhaps there is some other requirement it doesnt?

NT

Reply to
Tabby

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why you haven't simply used chrome 15mm pipe and soldered chromed elbows. You need to scrape the chrome off the pipe where it gets soldered.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

a grab rail certainly fits that. Perhaps there is some other requirement it doesnt?

NT

Sorry - I was obviously imagining a different sort of grab rail which is vertical with two fixings.

Reply to
DerbyBoy

The more I think about it, the more I wonder why you haven't simply used chrome 15mm pipe and soldered chromed elbows. You need to scrape the chrome off the pipe where it gets soldered.

NT

I am beginning to think about the chrome tube sold for worktop legs.

Reply to
DerbyBoy

Tabby

NT

No! These are parallel to the wall - I want a 9inch rail which is perpendicular to the wall - so that when the towel is draped over it it will hang down and hide from view the u-bend under the basin. ie- a horizontal rail. (last reply as I am going away for a holiday)

Reply to
DerbyBoy