How hard is it ... ?

Anybody out there got any experience of commercial flooring ? We're trying to find some commercial grade black, and white, vinyl floor tiles, around

30cm square or bigger, for the customer area of our new place. That's BLACK. And WHITE. Not black with a hint of marble, or white with a touch of scuff mark. Plain 'I've gone blind' black, and plain 'looking into a carbon arc light' white. We just want to make a chequered black and white floor. How hard is that ? Apparently, bloody impossible. No supplier that we've approached seems to understand the concept of plain black and white, and I have spent about 2 hours trawling what must be, generically, the worst category of websites for annoying navigation, or not wanting to actually tell you any detail about their products, that I have ever come across.

We would consider ceramics, apart from the cost and the fact that they tend to be a bit slippery, if they get wet i.e. when it's raining. Anybody got anything practical to offer on this, or are we pissing in the wind here, for a product that just doesn't exist ? If not, why doesn't it ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I know they are only 25cm but would you consider these:

{9372013}/categories%3C{9372=028}/categories%3C{9372108}/specificationsProductType=3Dsheet_vinyl&tmcampi=d=3D4&tmad=3Dc&ecamp=3Dcse_go&CAWELAID=3D422775119Or these that are 30.5 cm

Jonathan

For black I'd suggest looking at rubber flooring, and not the 3mm domestic stuff, go with 14/17mm. For white, I've no idea. Truth is plain black & white is long out of fashion, so as you've found its hard to find.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

{9372013}/categories%3C{9372028}/categories%3C{9372108}/specificationsProductType=sheet_vinyl&tmcampid=4&tmad=c&ecamp=cse_go&CAWELAID=422775119>> Or these that are 30.5 cm

> Jonathan

That is the sort of thing, but it needs to be commercial grade. I don't think that I would trust a domestic grade product to last very long in a commercial environment. I mean, we're going to be soooo busy when we open, aren't we .... ?? :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

{9372013}/categories%3C{9372028}/categories%3C{9372108}/specificationsProductType=sheet_vinyl&tmcampid=4&tmad=c&ecamp=cse_go&CAWELAID=422775119>> Or these that are 30.5 cm

they are not black or white as required.

Reply to
dennis

[...]

Might not be *exactly* the brightness or darkness you need but

seem to have some good stuff

Reply to
Londonman

Thanks for that. I had visited that website before, but dismissed it as I didn't like the way the tiles had the 'jigsaw puzzle' interlocks on them. However, looking a bit deeper into the site, I see that they do a version that has 'concealed' interlocks. I have flashed their sales department an email to see if they do a plain black and plain white in that range, and to see if I can get a sample out of them if they do ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily