Bosch dishwasher drains constantly

My Bosch dishwasher model shu4302uc6 is stuck on the drain portion of the cycle. The timer (electronic, no dial) says "clean" but the pump motor still runs. The float is not stuck, but there is no voltage at the float switch. I have checked several DIY repair sites, but to no avail. The Bosch website is no help, either.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dr B

Hi,

Any water in the base?

Certainly *sounds* like the float is stuck in the over filled position or possible a bad float switch.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hi Jeff The pump removes all the water from the tub, and continues to run. If I pour a gallon or so of water into the tub, it is promptly pumped out. I have the side panel off of the machine, and can see that the float moves just fine. The switch has continuity. There is no voltage at the switch terminals when the machine is on and the pump is running. There is a very small amount of water in the base, but not enough to move the float rod. Everything seems to be working as it should, but the pump still runs. What am I missing here?

Reply to
Dr B

Hi,

Remove that water from the base. No power will often show at the switch as many of the switches are on the neutral side.

This may help...

Acrobat Reader required to view and the link should be all one line.

jeff Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I have the same problem, but from this message, it is not clear on how to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Geo

Hi,

Model# is?

model# helps.

Any water in the base?

Certainly *sounds* like the float is stuck in the over filled position or possible a bad float switch. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Yes, you were correct. After futher investigating the problem and reading the detailed service information on your link, I noticed water in the base. I sponged out the water and the dishwasher reverted back to its normal working condition. I *think* the problem was a bad water fill value. After I removed the water from the base, I turned on the water and it would not stop running and flooded my kitchen. Good thing I was monitoring the dishwasher. After quickly turning off the water, I removed the fill valve and found that I could blow air through it when removed ... not good. I checked the resistance and it read 1K ohms ... good. Something must have gotten stuck in the valve. I replaced the valve and now everything seems to run fine. I got real lucky since we sometimes run the dishwasher at night. If it got stuck then, out house would have been flooded. Thanks again for posting the service manual.

-Geo

Reply to
Geo

G'day,

Good catch on the fill valve!!

Thankx for the update :) jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid