GE Dishwasher Drains During Wash Cycle

Hello,

I have a 10 yr. old GE Dishwasher, model GSD500T-64WA, that has started gradually draining water to the disposal during the wash cycle. Based on info from USENET &

I checked the drain solenoid. The solenoid remains upright during the wash and retracts during the draining, so I do not believe this part is at fault. I'm afraid that the pump/motor assembly may need to be replaced due to failure of the interal drain valve.

Is changing the pump/motor a practical job for a DIY'er? The motor seems to be held in place by a couple of clamps, however one of the clamps is situated behind the motor. If all else fails, I can always call the repairman, but I'd like to give it a shot. Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

machXS1

Reply to
machXS1

There is something caught in the drain valve preventing it from fully closing or the valve is no good.

Reply to
Ed

started

Hi,

Yes.

-Part- of this should help...

Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Update: I was able to remove the pump/motor assembly. The drain valve gasket/seal is shot, hence the constant leak during the was cycle. Going to replace the entire assembly. Thanks for your comments.

machXS1

Reply to
machXS1

Thankx for the update!! If you get a chance let us know how the repair goes :)

and pump assy. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

The new motor came in yesterday from P/C Appliance Repair and the install went well. I'm amazed at how quiet the new motor is compared to the old one, but the water noise is still loud :(. Well, thanks again!

machXS1

Reply to
machXS1

Hi,

:)

There are much better :D

Thankx for the update!! jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid