bosch dishwasher

Bosch dishwasher SHU9926UC/14

Great dishwasher that breaks too often and lacks local service except for $ears. The $ was NOT a typo.

anyhow my machine doesnt fill with water, but appears to try. some water not enough. So in my best troubleshooting efforts opened the door and dumped in a bucket of water. Ahh power switch ON door open it starts pumping out. I always thought opening the door powered everything off for safety reasons.. how wierd. Last time something like this occured I think they replace a float module for a couple hundred bucks.

I fix office machines for a living and regular dishwashers are no sweat but this Bosch is different. Hope the main board isnt bad that happened once too, under warranty.

Consumer reports was dead on that bosch has the least reliable dishwasher... how sad other than that its great.

Reply to
hallerb

After reading how well they work, I considered getting one. My local dealer no longer stocks or displays the Bosch DW. He said they break down too often. I decided to pass and got a Kitchen Aid.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Edwin Pawlowski wrote: ...

I've had a kitchen aide for over 40 years now... :)

Reply to
dpb

You want unreliable... get an asko. THey win the prize.

Reply to
Art

I had a similar problem with my AEG Dishwasher and it was the sort of an air manovering thing on the side that made it impossible for water to go in in the right level. And way before that there was a relay or valve hanging so no water came in at all.

Reply to
Chris

I just bought a house with a Bosch SHX56B06UC dishwasher. I was familiar with them because my in-laws have one which I had used a time or 2. I don't like them because they are smaller inside, the upper rack will not adjust up/down, & the rack/tine design seems bad. I can't get much in the damned thing, compared to others I've used, without a whole lotta futzing around/placing each item perfectly. Last week I had the opposite trouble of you, the machine would not drain. After posting to sci.electronics.repair, I was pointed in the right direction & fixed the trouble by removing a blockage from the amazingly complex & disturbingly NARROW drain path. Required pulling the machine out & partial disassembly, but not too bad. Suggest you try posting there. These machines are quiet but hard to load effectively, and the design seems way overboard.

BTW on the CR thing (not to open THAT can of worms again... ) I looked up a DW review from 2/06 when I had the drain problem, thinking I might just replace the bloody thing. 4 of the top 5 DW's were Bosch (1, 2 &4) with #3 being a Kenmore. They rank Bosch mid-pack on repair frequency, top 3 are Whirlpool, Amana & GE, and the bottom 3 being KitchenAid, Asko & Fischer & Paykel (never even heard of that last one). I had always had decent luck with KitchenAid, but haven't bought one in about 12 years. Brand quality can fluctuate over time. I had an apartment a couple years back with an Asko clothes washer & non-vented dryer. Not that mother was a NIGHTMARE!

Dan

Reply to
Dan

The F&P dishwashers are the drawer models sold by them and Kitchenaid. Early models used a air bladder seal that people would rip opening the drawer before the bladder was ready. The current model uses a cover that seems reliable but the narrow drain hose has to be routed per installation instructions or it will kink after a few months of use causing people to believe it is unreliable. That is what happened to me. After it was installed properly it has been completely reliable. Only 2 years old though. Overall we like it and would buy it again. Previously we had a 3 rack Maytag. It took giant loads but broke 4 times in 4 years so we dumped it. My in-laws have the same Maytag with no problems.

Reply to
Art

still looking for good ideas, my e mail looking for more info from a on line parts source hasnt been answered. get some time I will talk to some local parts suppliers. Last time I tried that no one knew anything bosch must of had a exclusive parts deal somehow.

Reply to
hallerb